xv.

james jr.

❏❏❏

JANUARY 2nd 1976

CATRIONA, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter all climbed into a compartment on the Hogwarts express. Cat sat between Remus and the wall of the the train, across from Sirius, James, and Peter. As the train was about to pull out of the train station, Marlene joined them. "Move over would you Remus?" she asked Remus so she could sit next to Cat.

"How was your holiday," Cat asked.

"It was fine, not as fun as yours I bet."

"Our's was pretty fun," Sirius said.

"What made you change your mind about going," Marlene turned and asked Cat.

Before she could answer, James asnwered for her, "She had no choice, I kidnapped her."

"Oh you did, didn't you."

"We flew all the way back to his house from here on brooms," Cat explained. "It was a bit exhausting."

"How? You're sitting down the entire time," Remus pointed out.

"You never will get flying, will you Moony," Sirius said. Remus shooked his head and leaned up against the wall.

By the time the train ride was over, Marlene had explained her whole Christmas, in detail, so did Sirius. There was snow covering the castle grounds as they walked up the hill to get inside. The group of six walked into the Great Hall to join the others for the feast. "Welcome back from your holiday break! I hope you all enjoyed your time at home with your families. Let the feast begin!" Dumbledore bellowed. The normal Hogwarts feast appeared on all the tables and Cat stared eating.

❏❏❏

JANUARY 3rd 1976

The first class of the day was Care of Magical Creatures with the Hufflepuffs. "Moony, we're partners now," Sirius said when the professor told the class to partner up. Marlene went to be with George and Cat was with James.

"Hey partner," he said, walking over to the Porlock that they had to take care of.

"Hi," Cat said with a smile.

"What do we have to do with this....thing," James said, looking at the red and tan creature in the cage in front of them.

"Professor Stiles said we have to take care of it for two weeks. You know, like feed it and play with it. So basically, its our kid," Cat explained.