xxv

dates

❏❏❏

OCTOBER 14th 1976

"GRYFFINDOR SEEKER, CATRIONA MCGONAGALL, HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Remus' voice boomed across the quidditch stadium. The old commentators, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, graduated last year and Mcgonagall asked Remus to take their spots. "IT WAS ONE HELL OF A CATCH IF I MIGHT ADD."

"Mr. Lupin," Mcgonagall's voice came through, scolding Remus on his slight language.

Cat landed on the ground, limbs aching from the two-hour match they just played. The Snitch was harder than ever to see through the hard pellets of rain. The score ended up being 320-110, the most points scored in a game since James' third year. James was the first person to congratulate Cat, picking her up in a hug. When James put her down, Marlene hugged her and the rest of the team, along with the whole Gryffindor house, came down and said a round of congratulations to everyone.

"Is that the longest game you've played?" Cat asked Marlene when they got back to the locker room. Unlike last year, they weren't in the locker room alone. A third year, Alicia Jackson, was Keeper and shared with them.

"No, in second year we played one that was nearly three hours," Marlene explained, pulling her robes off.

"Three hours? I couldn't imagine playing that long," Alicia commented. Cat changed into a jumper and her skirt before grabbing a towel in an attempt to dry her hair.

When the three girls walked out of the room, James was leaning against the wall. "Nice game, Alicia. You did amazing," he complimented.

"Thanks, James," she smiled before rushing off to her group of friends that were watching and giggling.

"You did great too," James told Cat.

"You did too," Cat laughed. "Although that better be the last time we have a two-hour match in the morning."

"Here's some advice, catch the Snitch earlier," James joked.

"Oh shove off," Cat laughed, shoving his shoulder lightly before walking back to the castle.

"Where are you going?" James asked.

"It's only 12 pm and I'm exhausted. I'm taking a nap," Cat said.

"No you're not," James grabbed her wrist and turned her around.