xxx

unmasked

❏❏❏

REMUS and Cat sat at their table, still scanning the crowd for their dates. After a few minutes, Cat came to the realization that they shouldn't have to wait for Sirius and James to find them. They aren't - no pun intended - helpless cats. "Come on," Cat said standing up. She grabbed Remus' arm and pulled him up.

"Woah, where are we going?" Remus asked, being pulled by Cat onto the dance floor.

"To dance," she simply said. "We shouldn't have to wait around for them to find us. We are here for a good time." Cat and Remus made it into the middle of the dance floor and started dancing. Dorcas and Marlene were wildly dancing in the middle also, and Cat saw Lily and Amos on the outskirts of the crowd. The band on the stage was playing a wizard song that Cat wasn't very familiar with.

Ten or so minutes go by and James and Sirius are still nowhere to be seen. The Great Hall is a pretty big room and nearly all of fourth through seventh years were in it, so the crowd was pretty huge. "Where are they?" Remus asked. He was standing on his tip-toes to peer over the heads of everyone to try to spot their dates.

"I don't know but I have an idea to find them," Cat told Remus. She started walking off towards the stage, pushing through everyone in the way. "Hi, excuse me," she said to one of the band members who weren't playing seen as the lead singer was doing a solo. He leaned down so Cat could talk into his ear. "Can we request a song?"

"Depends on what it is, ma'am," he said back.

"Do you have anything against muggle songs?" she asked.

The bandmate shook his head and said "Those Muggles have great music. Better than what wizards make, to be honest."

"Great," Cat said, before whispering the song into the man's ear.

"Ah, great song."

"What'd you request?" Remus asked.

"You'll see." When the singer stopped singing the man told him what song to play and they starting setting up. When "Killer Queen" by Queen started playing, Cat and Remus stood on top of two chairs that were sitting at the closest table. Looking over the crowd, they saw James and Sirius also standing on two chairs looking over. The two had huge smiles on their faces that Remus and Cat can't help but mirror. James and Sirius jumped off their chairs as Remus and Cat jumped off theirs. The group met somewhere in the middle of the crowd.

"Took you two long enough," Sirius said as they got back to a table to talk.

"Us? It took you two long to find us," Cat said.