xxvi

boggarts

❏❏❏

CAT sat next to Leo as Madam Pomfrey checked him for injuries. He had a few scrapes and bruises that Cat didn't see before. When she was done and Leo was fixed up, Madam Pomfrey left to help any other injured in the explosions to the Hospital Wing. She couldn't help but think about James. She shouldn't have listened to her mom. She should've gone to find him. Leo was alright, so what was she doing just sitting here? "Is your friend going to be okay?" Leo asked, pulling Cat out of her thoughts.

"Hm?" Cat hummed, not completely hearing his question.

"Your friend, James? Is he okay?" Leo asked again.

"I hope so," Cat looked around the room at the other beds as if James would just appear.

"You should go back to find him," Leo insisted. "I'm fine." Leo was right so Cat stood up and walked towards the doors. When she opened them, she was greeted with Madam Pomfrey rushing inside. Behind her was James, only he was floating and unconscious.

"James?" she muttered. Cat followed Madam Pomfrey to the bed she laid James down in. "What's wrong with him? Is he okay?"

"He will be," Madam Pomfrey said shortly.

"What happened?"

"He just had a blow to the head and possibly a few broken ribs," Madam Pomfrey explained.

"I could've stayed down there and helped."

"You helped enough people and if you did stay down there, Leo would still be in danger. Now I have to get started, you can wait out there." And with that, Madam Pomfrey shut the curtains in her face.

"What's wrong? Was that your friend?" Leo asked, seeing the tears that formed in Cat's eyes.

"Yeah that was him, he's going to be okay," she said to Leo.

"Cat?" someone called. Cat turned around and saw Remus, Sirius, and Peter running through the doors.

"Are you alright?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah I-I'm fine," Cat said, trying hard to stop the tears from coming out of her eyes.

"Where's James? Mcgonagall said he was here?" Peter asked.

"He's in there," Car nodded toward the closed curtain. "We were- we were at Madam Puddifoot's when the explosion happened. James, he started dueling with one of the cloaked figures, I'm pretty sure they were Deah Eaters. I went to help people who were injured when I found Leo," she moved over to show Leo who was laying in the bed, watching them. "I brought him back up but I should've stayed." Cat now couldn't help the few tears escaped her eyes. "I left James alone down there and I could've helped him. He got hit in the head with something and broke a few ribs. I could've helped him." The tears were now streaming down her face when Remus hugged her