xviii.

OWL's

❏❏❏

"GUESS that means no pranks then," Remus said, sitting in one of the chairs by James' bed. Madam Pomfrey was keeping him in the Hospital wing for the day. He had broken his leg, arm, and had gotten a concussion from the fall.

"What? Don't let my situation stop you from April Fools day," James said.

"It won't be the same without you, Prongs," Peter whined.

"Shut it you two," Sirius told them. "We've got Cat to take over his place this year." Sirius flung an arm over Cat's shoulder.

"I'm hurt Padfoot, and not just physically. I didn't know I was so replaceable," James sarcasticaly said.

"Don't worry Jamesy, you'll always be my number one," Sirius placed a hand over his heart. "I solemnly swear."

"Oi, get a room you two," Remus said, rolling his eyes.

"Don't be jealous Moony," James told him.

"You're right, I've got Cat," Remus remarked.

"What am I over here?" Peter wondered.

"The fifth wheel," Sirius joked. Peter scoffed and rolled his eyes, smiling.

"Don't worry, Pete. You've got Rachel," Cat told him.

Peter's eyes widened. "Rachel, eh?" Remus questioned

"Shove off," Peter said, embarassed.

Three out of four marauders, plus Cat, carried on with the pranks. They let out dungbombs into the Slytherin common room, filled the Hufflepuff common room with pink bubbles, jinxed the Ravenclaw portrait to give out impossible riddles. Unfortunately that was all they could do because they were down one and somehow Lily was always watching their every move.

❏❏❏

JUNE 27th 1976

Cat was tired of school. All she wanted to do was relax with the boys, Marlene, Rachel, or Lily. Anything but school. Since the OWL's started, Cat has spent almost all her time studying for the next exam. The next one they had was Transfiguration. Cat had a reputation of running late, which was kept that day. She sprinted down the coridoors until she made it to the room. She barged into the class right before the exam was going to start.