vii.

hangover cure

❏❏❏

OCTOBER 6th 1975

EVEN though her curtains were closed, sunlight was shining into her bed. Cat climbed out and trudged to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she was done, she changed into her normal jumper and pants. Cat glanced up at the clock and saw it read 10:15 am, she could still make breakfast. Cat opened the door and as she did, a fat brown rat scurried out of the room, making her jump.

"Good game yesterday," Christopher said, walking out of his dorm.

"Thanks, I was really nervous," Catriona said, walking down the stairs.

"Where you headed?" he asked, still following.

"Breakfast."

"Do you mind if I join?"

"If you'd like."

"Great." Catriona and Christopher walked out of the room and made their way towards the Great Hall.

The plates were filled with fried eggs, sausages, toast, mushrooms, tomatoes and much more. Cat and Chris sat down in the middle of the table, by some first years. Cat piled some fried eggs and a piece of toast on her plate, while Chris took some sausages and bacon. "So how are you liking Quidditch," he asked, stuffing a sausage in his mouth.

"I like it," she said, pouring some pumpkin juice into the cup in front of her. "It's a lot more fun playing with a whole team rather than a group of two."

"Yeah, I really enjoyed it last year," Chris said, obviously still bitter Cat got the Seeker spot.

There were a few moments of awkward silence before Cat decided to go back to the common room. "I've got to get back to the common room, see you later." She wrapped up some toast in a napkin, and left.

As she entered the common, James and Remus were sitting on the floor playing a game of gobstones. "Good morning boys. Where's Peter and Sirius," she asked, sitting on the armchair next to where they were playing.

"Sirius is still sleeping and Peter just got in. Can you believe it? Peter slept in someone else's bed!" James exclaimed.

"How are you so energized? You were hammered last night," Catriona asked, setting the napkin full of toast on the table.

"I told you about his immunity to hangovers. One of the many perks of being a Potter," Remus said, taking his turn in their game. "What's that?"