xvi.

valentine's day

❏❏❏

FEBRUARY 14th 1976

MARLENE was in love with Valentine's day, Cat soon found out. She loved the love in the air and the beautiful decorations that filled the castle. She was especially happy to have a boyfriend to spend it with this year, George Malnney. They started dating not too long after the Hogsmeade trip, in which Marlene downed a whole box of Shock-O-Choc's.

Catriona on the other hand, loathed Valentine's day. She never liked all the pink and red everyone would wear, despite red being her house color. The decorations were too over the top for her liking. The castle was always filled with decorations during holidays. Lights were strung up during Christmas, a few floating pumpkins for Halloween, but whoever was on the deccorating comitee, loved Valentine's day. Pink and Red hearts were everywhere, the banners which were hung up in the Great Hall were now pictures of Cupid with his heart arrows.

She made her way down to the common room that morning to see Rachel and Peter sitting on the couch. The only person that didn't like today more than her, was Rachel. "Hey guys," she said, approaching them.

"Hi Cat," Peter said.

"How are you?" Rachel asked.

"Fine," Cat shrugged. "I'm going to go down to breakfast, would you like to come?"

Rachel looked over to Peter before saying "No we're good, see you later."

"Alright," Cat said. "But keep it kid friendly up here." Cat pointed at the two. Peter had a look on his face that was a mixture between fright and surpised. Rachel and Peter have had a thing for a while now. They tried to keep it a secret but Rachel let it slip one day while Cat was helping her to bed after having a few too many cups of Firewhisky at a party.

Cat entered the overly pink Great Hall and sat down at her normal spot at the table next to James and, normally, Peter. "Goodmorning," she greeted the three boys sitting there.

"Goodmorning Cat," Remus said, smiling.

"How are you on this lovely Sunday?" Sirius asked, also grinning.

"I'm fine," Cat shrugged.

"Biscuit?" James asked, smiling.

"No thanks," she said. "Are you guys alright?"

"Us? We are perfectly fine," Remus answered.