When We First Met

March 15th, 2014

"Meg, are you almost ready?" Sam asked as I rolled my eyes and come out of Sam's garage. "Nope, not at all," I say sarcastically. Sam rolled her eyes. We were meeting with Six and Zack at this new karaoke bar. I didn't really feel like going but Sam begged me too. She knows I can't say no to her. We left and a few minutes later we got there. The bar was called, Let's Rock. We went in and it was amazing. I saw the stage. This karaoke bar was for teens so there was no alcohol. We sat down and ordered our food. Sam spoke after the waiter walked away, "Okay, so we have our singer, our bassist, our drummer, and our pianist. All we're missing is a lead guitarist." I saw a whole bunch of people come it. They were known as the popular kids. Sam was friends with them but they didn't really notice me. A girl came up to Sam," Hey Sam!" "Nicole! Hi, you've meet my friends, right?" She looked at us, but not in a bad way. "Well, I hope y'all enjoy my mom's new karaoke bar." Nicole was okay. I never really fitted in. I noticed a new guy that I haven't seen before. I asked Sam," Hey, who's the new kid?" She turned around and saw him, "No clue. Must've just moved here." Before I could say anything else our food came in. The people at the karaoke machine just finished. The new guy came up to us. "Hi! I was wondering if one of you can come with me and sing. I need a partner, I get nervous when I'm alone." Sam, being the person she is, said,"My Best Friend will, right?" I glared at her and then looked at the boy," Yeah, sure." He smiled," Okay, thank you. I'll go get us ready." He walked away and I got out of my seat and slapped Sam's arm. "Hey! What was that for!" I rolled my eyes," Why did you do that?" She rubbed her arm," I know that you still are shy, but I thought that maybe if you got on stage and sang then maybe we can build up your confidence. And why not do it with a cute guy like him?" I couldn't lie, he was cute. "Ugh, fine." I got on stage and he gave me my mic. I asked," What song did you choose?" "I hope it isn't too weird but I chose a Disney Channel song, from Austin and Ally. I love that show, it's what got me into my music. Have you heard of it?" I smiled," Yeah, I love that show too. What song did you choose?" "You can come to me." "I love that song. We ready?" "Yeah." The song started playing. We looked at the audience.
Meg:When your on your own, drowning alone, and you a rope that can pull you in, someone with throw it
The boy sang with a good voice
Boy(since she doesn't know his name yet): and when your afraid, that you're gonna break, and you need a way to feel strong again, someone will know it
Both:And even if it when it hurts the most, try to have a little hope, cause someone's gonna be there when you don't, when you don't, if you wanna cry, I'll be your shoulder, if you wanna laugh, I'll be your smile, if you wanna fly, I will be your sky, anything you need, that's what I'll be, you can come to me
Meg: You struggle inside, losing your mind, fighting and trying to be yourself
Both:Then somebody lets you
Boy: out in the cold, with no where to go, feeling like no one, could understand, then somebody lets you
Both: so take a breath and let it go, and try to have a little hope, cause someone's gonna be there when you don't, when you don't
Both of us turned to each other and people stared coming up to the stage.
Both:if you wanna cry I'll be your shoulder, if you wanna laugh I'll be your smile, if you wanna fly, I will be your sky, anything you need, that's what I'll be, you can come to me
Meg:Like a chain that never breaks
Boy:(echoes) chain that never breaks
Meg: like a truth that never bends
Boy:(echoes) a truth that never bends
Meg:like a glue that takes a broken heart and puts it back again
Boy:(echoes) puts it back again
Meg: it's a feeling that you get
Boy:(echoes) feeling that you get
Meg: it's the moment that you know
Boy: (echoes) moment that you know
Meg: that no matter what the future holds
Both: You'll never be alone, if you wanna cry, I'll be your shoulder, if you wanna laugh, I'll be your smile, if you wanna fly, I will be your sky, anything you need that's what I'll be, if you wanna climb, I'll be your latter, if you wanna run, I'll be your road, if you wanna friend, doesn't matter when, anything you need that's what I'll be, you can come to me
Meg:You can come to me, yeah
The music stops and I hear everyone clapping. I smiled at the boy and he smiled back. We got off the stage. I asked," Hey, I never got your name?" "Yeah, it's Jake." I smiled," Cool, I'm Meghan." We got back to my table. I stared introducing everyone," That is Michael, but we all call him Six, the guy across from him is Zack, who is Six' best friend. And lastly, my best friend and the one who pushed me to sing with you, Sam." They all greeted him. I asked," Did you want to sit with us?" He smiled," Yeah." I sat next to Sam and Jake sat next to Zack. Sam started hounding him with questions about his life. The question I know she's been wanting to ask, she finally asked," Besides singing, of course, can you play an instrument?" "Yeah, I play mostly guitar, but I can also play drums, clarinet, and saxophone." I smiled. I knew he'd be a perfect fit for the band. I asked," Okay, so it's fine if you say no, but we decided to create a band, and we were wondering if, you could join us?" We all stared at him, hoping he'll say yes. "I'll have to think about it, I just moved here and I want to get settled in." We all were a little disappointed but we also get where he's coming from. He started laughing all of a sudden. All four of us were confused. He says in between laughs," I'm joking. Of course I'll join." Then the rest of the day we spent with Jake.

A/n I hope I wasn't the only Austin and Ally fan. I was originally gonna do start of something new by hsm, but I know everyone would expect that so I decided to change it up. Hope you enjoy! One question, should I give the rest of the band last names? Lmk