The Break Up

Meghan's POV

I was starting to get scared. I took a deep breath. I got another message.

Unknown: You have 3 days to break up with him or your mothers a goner

What am I supposed to do? I'm falling in love with Charlie but I just got my mother back. I can't lose her again. I felt the tears coming but I pushed them back. We started getting on the plane. I could tell Charlie was nervous. I took his hand and he looked at me and started to calm down. Maybe I should tell him about the text. I get another text.

Unknown: Also if anyone finds out you'll be suffering much worse.

I felt my heart drop. I look at Charlie as I was holding his hand. I can't do this to him. I don't want to break his heart. He means everything to me. But I also just got my mom back. If he kills her, I'll be heartbroken. I can't be selfish. I have to break up with Charlie. This is gonna be a lot harder. We were sitting on the plane. Charlie looked at me," Are you okay Megs?" I looked into his eyes. I don't want to break him. My heart hurts. "I'm good, just tired," I lied. Sometimes I can be a good liar. He obviously believe me. "Do you mind if I fall asleep?" He nodded his head and I put my head on his shoulder. I felt his head on top of mine. We were still holding hands. I felt the darkness take over.

Charlie's POV

I felt Megs fall asleep. She's always so cute when she's sleeping. She held my hand when we got on the plane. I felt my anxiety go up. She helped me calm down. I can't imagine my life without her. She doesn't deserve what that ass Dean is doing to her. I wish I could do something. Her bodyguard is sitting on the seat behind us.
After a few hours we finally landed. I lightly shook Megs," Hey, we're here." She slowly opened her eyes. I saw her eyes looking dull. Not like they were before Dean. She slowly got up and started stretching. I let her out and we got off the plane. I took her home. She didn't say anything the whole way there. Finally I asked," What's wrong Megs?"

Meghan's POV

I was quite for a bit after he asked me what's wrong. Finally I took a deep breath," I can't do this." He was confused," Do what?" I felt the tears. "I'm sorry Char, I don't have feelings for you like I thought I did. I'm breaking up with you." The tears started spilling. "Megs, I thought-" "You thought wrong. I'm sorry." I hurried up and opened the door. I closed it and ran to the house. I closed the door. I see Jake standing in the living room. He could see that I was crying," Meg, are you okay?" I ignored him and I went to the studio and locked both doors. I sat on the piano and started playing.

I was sitting on my door step
I hung up the phone and it fell out of my hands
But I knew I had to do it
And he wouldn't understand
So hard to see myself without him
I felt a piece of my heart break
But when you're standing at a crossroad
There's a choice you gotta make
I guess it's gonna have to hurt
I guess I'm gonna have to cry
And let go of the things I love to get to the other side
I guess it's gonna break me down
Like fallin when I'm trying to fly
It's sad but moving on with the rest of your life
Starts with goodbye
I know there's a blue horizon
Somewhere up ahead, just waiting for me
Getting there means leaving things behind
Sometimes life's so bittersweet
I guess it's gonna have to hurt
I guess I'm gonna have to cry
And let go of the things I love to get to the other side
I guess it's gonna break me down
Like fallin when I'm trying to fly
It's sad but moving on with the rest of your life
Starts with goodbye
Time heals the wounds that you feel
Somehow
But right now
I guess it's gonna have to hurt
I guess I'm gonna have to cry
And let go of the things I love to get to the other side
I guess it's gonna break me down
Like fallin when I'm trying to fly
It's sad but moving on with the rest of your life
Starts with goodbye
I guess I'm gonna have to cry
And let go of the things I love to get to the other side
Starts with goodbye
Like fallin when I'm trying to fly
It's sad but moving on with the rest of your life
Starts with goodbye

I started to cry. I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at it.

Unknown: That's right, cry, you don't deserve nothing bitch, now you'll do what I say and your mom will stay alive. So the next thing you will do is break up with your band. After that you will move back to Louisiana

I started crying even harder. I know exactly what he's doing. He's taking everything good away from me. I knew I had to break up with my band. I heard everyone trying to get to me. I sighed and I opened the door. Sam asked," What happened?" I took a shaky breath. "I broke up with Charlie. I can't do this anymore. I'm leaving." Zack was confused," What do you mean you're leaving." "It means I quit the band." I walked by them and I went to our room. I started packing a few things. I heard a knock on the door. "Meg, you can't be serious." It was Sam. I didn't say anything. I finished packing and I opened the door. Sam stood there angry. "Meg, what's going on. Is it Dean? Meg please talk to me." "No this has nothing to do with Dean. I'm just tired of everything. I just want to go back home. Goodbye Sam." I left and I called a taxi earlier and I went in. The guy asked,"Where too Ma'am?" "The airport." After an hour I got to the airport.