Small Town Band

Meghan's POV

My band and I just finished singing I wanna know by NOTD feat. Bea Miller. I turned to my drummer, Sam, as I said," Great job! You were definitely killing it Sam." She smiled," Thanks Meg." Our bassist, Michael, or as he likes to be called, Six, which I never understood told Sam,"  Yeah I agree with Meg, Sam that was sick!" The lead guitarist, Jake, made a pout face," "What about me? I thought I did good." I rolled my eyes," eh you were okay." He got even more sad. I started to giggle," I'm kidding that was amazing Jake. I especially loved the solo." Here's the thing. I've had a crush on Jake for about 3 years now, as we started the band over 6 years ago. I was only 14. Jake smiled," You killed it on the lyrics Meggie." I only let him call me that. I smiled and looked at the ground. We started packing up. Sam, who is the oldest as she's 23, came up to me with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes knowing why she was smirking, "Sam, for the last time he's not flirting with me he's just being friendly." Our pianist, Zack, came up to us, "Meg come on we all know the way you two look at each other, especially when your singing to each other." I smiled. I looked at Jake as he was talking to Six. "Y'all are crazy." I decide to ignore them. When we were done we all went to our separate cars. Sam and I live together so we just took my car. We get back to the apartment and sit down on the couch. I take my camera out and start vlogging, "Hey guys. We just finished recording our next cover so be ready for it. We do have some behind the scene clips so I'll definitely be showing those." Sam called out, out of view, "Meg definitely killed it." I smiled in the camera. "Not as amazing as you though." I see her roll her eyes. I look back at the camera," Well we are about clean, which if you've been on our channel for a while you'd know that I like cleaning so we'll see y'all later." I turned off the camera. I was about to get started on the living room when I heard my phone. I pick it up to see our manager, and Zacks girlfriend, Vanessa, is calling. I answer it. "Hello V." "Meg! I have some amazing news so I got a call from the one and only Kenny Ortega and he wants y'all to come down to Los Angeles and discuss the band being on season 2 of Julie and the Phantoms." I almost cried. I heard Vanessa calling my name. "Sorry V but we'd love to go." "Ok great we leave next week I'm gonna call the boys while you give Sam the news." "Okay, Bye V!" She said bye and hung up. I started dancing as Sam comes out of her room. "Meg, what is it?" "Vanessa just called me and the Kenny Ortega wants to meet with us and discuss about us being on an episode of Julie and the Phantoms." We both started jumping. I told her about us leaving next week. I got a text from Vanessa telling us that she got us a house that all of us will be living in. I was smiling until I realized, I'll be living with Jake. This is gonna be interesting.

Charlie's POV

I was strumming my guitar when I get a text from Owen.

Owen: did Kenny give you the news?

Charlie: What news?

Owen: for season 2 they have a band coming on the show called the Rise. I checked them out they're  really good. They did covers of all of the songs from Julie and the Phantoms.

Charlie: I'll check them out rn.

I took my phone out and went on YouTube. I looked up the band and the first one I saw was Perfect Harmony. I clicked it and the guy on the right started singing.

J:Step into my world, bittersweet love story about a girl, shook me to the core, voice like an angel, never heard before

the girl in the middle started singing Madi's line

M:Here in front of me, shining so much brighter than I have ever seen, life can be so mean, but when he goes I know he doesn't leave

Both the girl and guy started singing

J&M: The truth is finally breaking through, two worlds collide when I'm with you, our voices rise and soar so high, we come to life when we're in perfect harmony, woah, woah, perfect harmony, woah, woah, perfect harmony

The girl takes her mic of the stand as the guy sings my part

J:You set me free

M:You and me together is more than chemistry

I definitely saw chemistry between the two. By that time they were both singing into the microphone that the girl was holding.

J&M: Love me as I am, I'll hold your music here inside my hands, We say we're friends, we play pretend, You're more to me, We're everything, our voices rise and soar so high, we come to life when we're in perfect harmony, woah, woah, perfect harmony, woah, woah, perfect harmony

The guy goes back to his microphone as the girl goes back to the spot she started on.

M: I feel the rhythm in my heart, yeah

J: You are my brightest, burning star, woah-woah

M:I never knew a love so real

J: so real

M&J: we're heaven on earth, melody and words, when we're together we're in perfect harmony, woah, woah, perfect harmony, woah, woah

both of them look at each other

M:we say we're friends

J: we play pretend

M: You're more to me

J: we create

M&J: Perfect harmony

The video ended and I looked at the comments. Most of them saying that they are basically Luke and Julie. I looked at the description box and saw that they had a website. I click on it and it was an amazing sight. there was a tab called meet the band. I click on it and I see the names, Sam, who is the drummer, Six, which is a weird name, who is the bassist, Zack, who is the pianist, Jake, who is the guitarist and who was the guy singing, and Meghan, the lead singer, who also happens to have the same name as my sister. I text Owen.

Charlie: You're right they are really good. Just saw Perfect Harmony and there is defiantly something going on with the guitarist and the lead singer.

Owen replied a few seconds later

Owen: Yeah I watched a few of their videos and there is defiantly something there. They also have a vlog channel. You should check that out too.

Charlie: I'll check it out later.

I put my phone down and started to strum my guitar.

Meghan's POV

We were packing and getting ready to go to dinner tonight. I thought we should celebrate so that's what we decided to do. I was too excited that I kept stumbling on my words. I was also nervous. Everyone including the fans tell me that Jake likes me but I'm use to getting rejected so I don't believe it. I went to call my mom but then I put my phone down. I knew she wasn't going to answer. I started crying for as Sam comes in, "Meg, you ready?" She saw me crying and asked, "What wrong?" "It's nothing." She knew I was lying. "Is it about your mom." I nodded my head. She hugged me and we sat there for a minute. "She'll come around eventually." I shook my head, "She never does, you know that." "Meg, lets forget about your mom tonight. This is huge for us. We defiantly need this, okay." I smiled and nodded my head. "Good, because once we get to L.A. things will never be the same." I smiled, knowing that everything will defiantly change.

A/n I know this story isn't the best but I hope this story goes well