Quitting The Band

Meghan's POV

I was back in tears," I miss my mom." Sam was hugging me still. I looked at Charlie and Owen. They had the same look that I knew they'd have, sorrow. I always hated people feeling sorry for me. "Please don't give me that I'm sorry look." Charlie said," Sorry." This time I didn't laugh. I was being rocked back and forth until I was asleep.

Sam's POV

Meg had fallen asleep on me and I was worried. I think Charlie noticed," Are you okay Sam?" I shook my head," The last time Meg missed her mom this bad she started acting out." They were confused. "It started after her mom kicked her out..."

5 years ago

Meg hasn't been the same since her mom kicked her out. She's been skipping school, hanging out with the popular kids, skipping band practice. I barely recognized her. It wasn't Until she skipped band practice for 5 days in a row, with a concert that Vanessa set up for us tomorrow. We met her a few weeks ago in class. Finally after an hour she shows up," Hey, so I can't make the concert tomorrow..." I had enough," Meghan Renee Westbrook I'm sick and tired of making excuses for you! You've basically ditched us for the wannabes and now you can't even make it to a fucking gig?! I love you and I'm sorry but you're acting like a weird bitch!" I regretted it instantly. "You know what Samantha?! I quit!" She stormed off and I sighed. "Thanks a lot Sam," my brother said. "Shut up." I walked to my room, which I share with Meg. I had a key so when I tried to open the door it was locked I grabbed my key that I usually wear around my neck and I unlocked the door. I saw Meg crying on her bed. I sat on her bed," Meg, I'm sorry. I just wish you'd come to me and tell me, what's up with you?" She sighed," I'm sorry too, you're right, I have been acting weird I just... I just hope..." I realized something," You wanted to see if it would get your moms attention." She nodded her head. "She didn't do anything. I went to her house but I stayed hidden, knowing that they were gonna call her. She saw the school calling and ignored it. Sam I miss my mom, do you think I made the right decision?" I sighed," Meg, I don't know, do you think you made the right decision?" She thought for a moment," Yeah I did. I just wish she could see it. My dad would've wanted me to be happy. I just wish my mom was." "I'm sorry Meg, are you still gonna quit?" She shook her head," No, this band means too much for me. I'm sorry for ditching. I promise I won't do it again, and those, what you called them, wannabes," I laughed a little and so did Meg. "I hated hanging with them. They only like me because of Jake and the band. I only know that because I overheard them talking about it. I was gonna stop hanging out with them after tomorrow to see if my mom will care if I get into trouble but I realize that I need to focus on the band." I had an idea. "Hey, I have an idea on what next song to do." She nodded her head.

An hour later we got the camera set up and Vanessa was playing the drums for me since I was gonna be up front with Meg for this video. Six had put the self timer on the camera and Zack started playing.

S:I didn't know what you, were going through, I thought that you were fine, what did you have to hide?

M:I didn't want to let you down, but the truth is out, it's tearing me apart, not listening to my heart, I really had to go

S: And I would never stop you

M: Even though we've changed

S: nothing has to change

B: You can find me in the space between, where two worlds come to meet, I'll never be out of reach, cause you're apart of me so you can find me in the space between, you'll never be alone, no matter where you go, we can meet in the space between

M: And nothing can stay the same, it's growing pains

S: Be proud of all the scars, they make you who you are, oh, woah,

I looked at Meg and she smiled.

S: I know you have to stay

M: But I'll never really leave you

S: nothing has to change

M: Even though we've changed

B: You can find me in the space between, where two worlds come to meet, I'll never be out of reach, cause you're apart of me so you can find me in the space between, you'll never be alone, no matter where you go, we can meet in the space between

M: there are no words left to say

S: I know you gotta find your place

M: But this is not the end

S: You're part of who I am

We grabbed each other's hand.

B: Even if we're worlds apart, still in our hearts it will always be

We held out hands to the air.

B: You and me, yeah

S: You can find me in the space between

We let go of each other's hand.

B: Where two worlds come to meet

S: I'll never be out of reach

M: I'll never be out of reach

S: No

B: cause you're apart of me so you can find me in the space between

S:You'll never be alone

M: No matter where we go

B: We can meet, in the space between

M: Yeah, no matter where you go

S: no matter where you go

B: We can meet, in the space between.

Meg hugged me and apologized to everyone.

"She was true to her word, she put the band above almost everything. I wish I could help her. She's my best friend, I'd do anything for her. I just hope she doesn't quit the band." There was a knock on the door. Owen opened it and saw Jake. Jake asked, "Is Meg here? I need to talk to her." Owen said, "No, you can't talk to her, she doesn't want to see you." Jake was never the kind to push, "Well, can you tell her that I just want to talk.." He walked away and Owen closed the door. I said, "I should probably get going, do you mind if Meg stays here? I don't want to wake her up and she probably doesn't want to go to the apartment." Both of them nodded their heads. Charlie picked her up without waking her and put her in I'm guessing his room. He closed the door quietly. "Thank you both, I know how much you mean to her." I was mostly talking to Charlie. He nodded his head and I left.

Charlie's POV

I hate how much pain Megs is in. I wanted to help her. I had an idea. Megs had her phone on the table. I grabbed it and Owen asked, "What are you doing with Megs phone?" "Hey, I only get to call her Megs. Anyway, I'm gonna try to get into her phone and find her moms number, I hate to see her like this. You and Madi are right, I am in love with her, right now though, she needs time and I want to try to fix her relationship with her mom." He didn't say anything else. I looked at her lock screen and saw that it was a picture of her and I that we took when we were hanging out. I smiled. It took a few tries but I got into her phone. Her password was the day her band was made. Her home screen was of the whole band. I went to the phone app and I looked up her moms number. I pulled out my phone and I called the number. A lady answered, "Hello?" "Hi is this Mrs. Westbrook?" "Yes, can I help you?" "I hope you don't hang up, but I'm friends with your daughter, Meghan." I heard her start to cry. "How's my baby girl, is she doing good?" I looked at my room where Megs was sleeping. "She's not doing that good, she misses you." "I miss her too, I shouldn't have kicked her out, I've regretted it for a long time. I miss her so much, I wish I could talk to her. I want my daughter back." I got another idea, "I might be able to help you. I can fly you to Vancouver and you and Meghan could talk?" "I couldn't have you do that for me." "It's fine, Mrs. Westbrook." "Please, call me Marlie." "Megs needs you now more than ever, I just want her to be happy." "Alright, but I will pay you back. " "Just come and help make your daughter happy, that's how you can pay me back." We talked a little longer and then I realized it was almost 6. I went to my room to take a quick shower. When I got out I saw Megs was still asleep. She looked so peaceful. I laid next to her and fell alseep.