Chapter 4: Past

After preparing a meal for myself, my phone vibrated. Receiving a message from Rocky, I opened it and sat the couch.

Rocky
Bro bro, callista is at the tv with james corden, live haha

I turn on the tv and changed the channel. Our group chat started to get noisy because of the chats and replies.

In didn't look at it and I focus at the screen.

"Are you ready Callista?"

"I have to do with it so yes, I'm ready" She replied and made face while looking at the table.

"Alright, I'm gonna give you..... sardines smoothie" The audience reacted, Callista was just awkwardly smiling to it. James took a card, he laughed a little.

"You have a four nieces, Autumn, Wynter, Vernal and Summer. Rank them according from their best to worst attitudes" Everyone laughed.

She shake her a head a little, "I say Autumn has one of the finest, second is Vernal, Summer and Wynter"

The questions were getting intense, I was just laughing my ass off here at my couch.

"You answered them all and you never ate or drink any of it, so I'm going to give you a duck fetus" The audience reacted so as James, Callista looks so excited eating it.

I forgot that she used to eat it when we visited her grandparents in Philippines.

"Okay, throw me the question" She hyped up a little.

"According to some news that you dated Tyler, The Creator years ago. Now you're dating Brent Faiyaz, which of those two mens whom your family liked the most?"

She laughed a little while looking at the food in front of her.

"I'm so doom" She replied.

I'll bet she's going to answer Brent.

Callista starting to peel of the shell, she's not going to answer it.

"You sure you're gonna eat that? You could just answer it honestly"

"Nah, I don't like to answer it and I'll eat this"

She took out the duck fetus and put it at the plate.

"Poor duck, don't worry I'm not gonna eat you" The audience laughed.

"You're not going to eat it?"

"Nah, I'll eat one it's egg, the yellow one and I'll bring that duck at the laboratory... Do you have any vinegar and salt?"

The audience literally laughed, even James.

They gave what she want, she raised for a toast.

"Cheers!" She drank and ate the egg.

"That was absolutely brave of you to eat it except from the duck though" James replied.

"It is one of my favorite back in the Philippines, you could just served more exotic than that" She laughed.

•••••

I went to studio to polish some throw away songs, it's just me, myself and I. After that, I decided to visit the wall at the store, she replied.

so sorry, i got busy with shits, what happened? what late?

I took a marker and wrote.

i decided to man-up and tell her that i still love her, if the day comes. she's in a relationship with someone now, i'm already late.

The wall was somehow filled with doodles and shits, someone wrote at the side of our conversation.

hope you two will know each other as soon as possible.

omg, it brings back the sweet high school days

i support, whoever the fuck this is.

i always draw anything at this wall and i can say, the girl always replied every night before i wrote this - tom (11:45 pm)

Today is already 5 pm, the sun is setting down as I decided go back home. I turned on the engine and the radio, hoping this will get rid of the silence.

"And we're back with Callista Roberts in the studio, so let's talk about guys. Is it okay if we talk about this?"

Woah, I'm completely didn't unexpected this one.

"It's okay, it's cool" I heard her laugh.

"We're going to give you a lot of guys' name and just say yas or nah. Okay?"

"Alright here we go, first is... Jamie Dornan?"

"Oh, mhmm, uhm yas"

"Rakim Mayers, also known as ASAP Rocky?"

"Hell no, that's my friend"

They laughed so as me.

"Channing Tatum?"

"Nah"

"Michael B. Jordan?"

"Yas"

"Timothee Chalamet?"

"It's too hard to say no, because he's my celebrity crush. Uhm I'll go with nah"

"Why?"

"Too young"

"Frank Ocean?"

"Nah, that's my nigga" She laughed.

"Patrick Schwarzenegger?"

"Yas"

"Donald Glover?"

"Nah, he was like a brother to me"

"And lastly.. Tyler, The Creator?"

I let out a laugh hearing my name. I heard she laughed too but didn't answer.

"What about Tyler, The Creator?" He asked again.

"What about him?" 

"Are you blushing?"

"No, I am not. It's just a make up blush" She defended.

I smiled while waiting for her answer, now I remember how her cheeks turns to red every time when somebody told her about me. She would bite her lips and looked at me from a far, waiting for me to confirm her answer.

I snapped back and turn off the radio, avoiding to assume.