Chapter 14: Plain

Been in my studio for almost a day, kinda getting bored all of a sudden. I'm not in the mood to polish some songs or whatever and I don't know why I opened the computer.

"Bitch ass nigga, why didn't you tell me that you have a store..... at Singapore?"

I turned my back to see, Taco walking towards me.

"I just want to, and surprise! You're the first one who knows—I mean the second one who knows it" I replied and rolled my eyes.

Oh damn, why did I say that?

"Second? So who's the first one?" He asked.

He lifted an eyebrow at me with a smirk on his face, the gang might kill me.

"C"

"Callista?"

I nodded.

"That's explains why, anyway your walls are plain dude" Taco sat next to me and showed me his phone.

He's right, I didn't notice it when I was there. He forbid a goodbye at me and left for he has errands with Christina.

I turned off the computer and grab my journal and markers, I thought of doing the same idea back at the fairfax store but in different pictures.

I decided to refill my markers and went at her store, first I stopped by at the wall. It's been months since I wrote here, she replied.

Bummer, that would fucked me up

Long time no talk, i bet you're busy haha so as me

I took the provided marker and wrote.

Nah, I ain't busy rn just bored and it does fucked me up i hate it.

After that I brought some markers, I asked if she's here at her office so she would already know my plan.

"She was here an hour ago and left" One of the staff said.

I thanked her and jumped in my car, quickly grabbed my phone to call her.

: Hey T

"Hey! Uhm where are you?"

: Why?

"I added some tiny details at the store"

: At fairfax?

"Singapore, Taco said the walls are too plain so I added some details if you would mind"

: That's cool, just send me an email—

"I'm gonna go to your place, where the hell are you?"

: I'm at the hardware, picking up some new paints. I'm repainting the house for a change.

"Alright, I'll see you" and dropped the call.

I noticed myself was excited to see her. I can't let her go out of my head for days after Autumn's game two weeks ago.

News were popping up if me and her are dating again and have a child, like what the fuck? Do they know that she's dating Brent? I remember James told it at the national tv.

I parked my car and went inside the hardware, staffs greeted me as I found her at aisle 5. Talking at her phone.

"Okay, call me when you got finished"

She said and hid it at her pocket.

"Oh hey you made it" She smiled at me, I could feel that smile is fake. Something is wrong, it's hard to stop the urge of asking her I'm not used to it.

"You okay?" Callista asked.

I'm zoning out again.

"Nothing, I should be the one who will ask you that. Are you okay?" I nonchalantly switched it.

She laughed, "Not quite, Brent was too busy with his tour tomorrow" and rolled her eyes.

"I can help you paint it along with my designs" I said as she smiled at me.

I can't stop cheesing every time she say something about random things, just like yesterday how I met her.

We drove our way to her place, it was a mess to be honest not gonna lie. Some of the boxes were scattered and the sofa were covered with plastics.

"I know you hate a messy room, I'm sorry" She let out an awkward laugh.

Damn, she caught me.

Callista gave me a spare brush and laid some newspaper on the floor, "Why do you always wear a cardigan on this hot day in California?"

"Is it bad?" I answered, she rolled her eyes as I removed it.

For the past hours we are absolutely quiet and it bothers the hell out of me, the only noise is coming is from her speakers.

She played the album, mama's gun by erykha badu, one of my favorite, we took a rest to eat outside and the smell of the paint might suffocate our weak lungs.

She made a sweet snack, it's a sliced banana wrapped in a spring rolled wrapper, coated with sugar and topped with a vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup.

Scrumptious.

"Damn, I forgot the name of this" I said as she laughed at me.

"Oh god, You always wake me up just to make this along with the cookies"

"Is it turon?" I stuttered.

She nodded and took a bite, the song finished as I heard my voice.

I looked at her surprised, "You listen to my classics?"

"Yeah"

It was awkward for some of the track is about her, well kinda... the half is about him and the half is about her. I don't know if she knows it, since I released that album after we broke up with no congrats at all.

"My art piece that I made is your album cover" She said.

"A lot of people questioned me with it" I smiled.

"Have you?.... read it?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and made a face for I don't fucking know what she's talking about.

"Read wha–"

"Nothing" She smirked.

She's hiding something from me.

"Anyway, what happened to your designs?" Callista changed the topic.

"I based it from the fairfax but in different pictures though. I haven't found any new photos yet" I replied.

"How about your taken shots at Singapore? I'll visit you tomorrow with it and pass me the plan as soon as possible"

I looked at her with an unsure face, most of my shots at Singapore was her. A stolen shots to be exact.

"Don't tell me you deleted them" She said.

"No, I didn't. I just don't remember where I hid it" I lied, I always carry that drive— full of random photos and videos.

I let out an awkward smile before we continued what we're doing, don't tell me she caught me again?