Chapter 37: Forgive & Forget

I've been away from how many months and I came back as a dad in LA. I absolutely have no idea about her pregnancy.

The gang didn't even bother to spread the news, especially Frank.

I have to admit I was a fucking idiot from leaving her that night, I was too fucked up about their marriage shit and lost the chance.

Thinking that it was Michael's— as I remember we made a miracle before I left.

I forgot to use a condom, my bad.

Then a nurse came in to check C and the twins, she reminded me that Callista is allowed to go home tomorrow and it's sign for me to accept the responsibility of being a father.

I don't even know if I can be a good father to the twins since I never felt the care from mine, but I'm thankful that Mom was there to raise me.

Callista was still asleep, taking a rest from the labor so as the twins, I can't help but to look at them.

I kept on asking the rest about this whole thing but they said that it should be better if C will explain.

So I waited and kept my patience on a leash.

Until the twins started to cry.

"Can I?" I asked as the nurse nodded.

I lifted them both and woke up Callista.

"Babe, they're hungry"

C woke up, still sleepy as she slightly moved away the robe— big enough for them to eat in a relaxed position.

"What you smiling for?" I snapped out as Callista asked me.

"I can't believe we're a parent now, from being an uncle and aunt" I bit my lip.

"Just like what you always wanted?"

"Yeah, but I never wanted you to hide it from me" I replied as she looked away.

"I was planning to contact you when I found out that I'm pregnant, but I need to clear things out with the situation I'm in that day before I told you the news" She sighed.

Pertaining about the fixed marriage shit.

"Why didn't you contact me after the agreement was over? So I could be with you through out the months of carrying the twins—"

"I'm scared— thinking that you won't accept it... I guess being scared isn't an excuse anymore and I regret for hiding it" C replied with disappointment.

Who wouldn't be disappointed with that?

I wanted to be mad and ask her why for a hundred times but I need to set aside my pride ass.

"I'm sorry" We both said in unison.

"You shouldn't be"

"I left you that night and I was too fucked up about the agreement, without thinking that you'll be needing me the most to face the situation"

I explained as the twins cried again.

I stood up, took my son and cradled him to fall asleep.

His features are wasn't that obvious for now, but his nose and lips were inherited from me and the ears was from C.

He can't stop crying, oh lord.

I hummed a random song that popped up in my head, not long enough he's already asleep.

I fixed both of their bed as me and Callista laid them gently.

"Mommy loves you" C whispered before she kissed them at their tiny foreheads.

It was a perfect sight.

"Make that mommy and daddy" I replied and looked at her, smiling.

"I'm sleepy" She yawned.

"Again?"

"Let's exchange body and see if you can't get tired from the labor" She lifted an eyebrow at me.

"You're being a cranky ass again, I'm just asking" I rolled my eyes as I carried her.

"Put me down—"

"Shh, twins are sleep" I said and laid her at the bed.

"It's weird seeing you from here, the last time I saw you, you left me" She laughed and shake her head.

Oh, the surgery.

I scooted next to her as I took her hands and intertwined it.

"This time, I'll be right by your side. I won't leave or runway from you like for real" I said and kissed her hand.

"Nigga stop, you're making me regret the things that I didn't told you" She bit her lips.

"Can we just moved on from it? I already forgive you but I'm still kinda mad that you hide it from me" I laughed.

"Then what should I do to get rid of your anger issues at me?" She asked.

"First, let's just forget and left the petty fights and shit cause' I want to start a new chapter with you and the twins. Second, leave that house of yours and let's move to a more safer house–"

"Is that a–"

"Uh I'm not finished"

We both laughed, while our face were few inches away.

Butterflies were floating every time I looked at her. It was the same when we made an eye-to-eye contact when I'm still working at starbucks.

like 'in a room full of art, i'd still stare at you' feeling

"...And lastly, bother me everyday" and took a chance to kiss her.

I could feel she was smiling.

This is what home feels like.