Chapter 13: Good Day

I quickly parked my car and looked for them. As I saw Callista's back, "Uncle Tyler!" Autumn ran and hugged me.

"You made it to my game" She happily said.

I crouched to level her height, "I wouldn't miss it for the world" and lightly pinched her nose.

"Come on Autumn, let's fix your ponytail" Callista called her. I sat next to her as I watch her brushing the hair.

This view made me remembered what I dreamed years ago, me and her attending to our very own child's game or recital.

I guess that dream came true, except for the child.

"Uncle Tyler, you're zoning out again" I snapped back, this happens all the time.

"He's busy zoning out with his precious things,don't try to bother or intervene" Callista mocked as Autumn made a face.

I smiled and shake my head from it. A loud whistle from the referee caught everyone's attention, he signaled Autumn to come at the center of the field.

I began to ask why is it only her, "She's the captain" Callista replied, I nodded.

The ball was placed at the center as the rest of the team positioned themselves. They're aggressively trying to get the get ball as one of her team mate caught it, throw and scored.

"Final round goldie, you can do this" Callista said.

Autumn nodded and looked at me, "If we win, can I go with both of you since mom and dad are busy?"

"Well, hell yes. Wherever you want to go and whatever kind of food you want, just win this game okay Captain?" I said.

She nodded as the referee called them.

The game was close, it's a death match for me but in a kiddie way though. Callista was so focused at Autumn while grasping my arm.

We're living the life as Uncle and Aunt.

I heard the crowd gasped and saw Autumn stumbled by someone, "Oh no" Callista said in a worried tone.

She looked at us and quickly stood up, the opponents were trying to catch her as she threw the ball and scored.

"YESSS!" We both stood at our seat. She suddenly hugged me tightly and I quite jumped for a bit.

I hugged her back, it was long for like seconds. This shit makes me want more and I really fucking miss this.

"We won!" Autumn ran and hugged the both of us.

"And for the most valuable player of this game is.... Autumn Roberts"

We both gasped as Autumn's team ran and carried her. Callista wiped her tears while watching Autumn received her award.

"Oh god" She laughed and looked at me, "Is it still good?" pertaining to her face.

I blinked, "Uhm yeah, still beautiful"

She smirked a little as Autumn went back to us, "I can't believe I'm the MVP?!" she said.

"Congratulations my little goldie, I'm so proud of you!" Callista hugged her. Someone approached us.

"Excuse me Miss, can I get a photo of her? it's for the school board" He said with a texan accent.

Callista nodded and Autumn posed for the camera, "Can the parents join too, if it's okay?"

My eyes widened, "We're not the parents–" as Autumn pulled our arms and we smiled at the camera.

"That's okay, you two really looks like her parents. Anyway, thank you so much" He smiled and left.

"So where are we going?" I reminded Autumn.

"Can we please go get some ice cream?" She pleaded.

I looked at Callista waiting for her to agree.

"Y'all said if we win, we can go and do whatever I want"

"Sure, why not? I don't want my goldie to get hungry" Callista said.

"Make that our goldie Auntie C, not your goldie" Autumn moked as Callista rolled her eyes.

I let out a laugh and lifted her to ride at my shoulders. "Onwards my Uncle T!" sounded like a pirate.

"Aye aye Captain" I replied.

Autum quickly ran inside and lean herself on the counter, "Can I have a four scoops of chocolate ice cream please?"

We're at Jeni's ice cream store, I ordered my flavor, snowflake and looked at Callista. She was in a call. so I ordered her favorite, anything that is coffee flavored.

"She doesn't like that Uncle T–"

"Believe me, she loves this" I replied.

We sat facing the windows, Autumn was at my right. As our ice cream came, "What do you think Auntie C is talking to?"

"Perhaps your Dad. By the way, are you sad that they didn't attend? I asked.

"No, I understand their work and It's okay. As long as my favorite Uncle and Aunt are here" She said while her face were smeared by the ice cream.

I let out a smile "favorite" uncle, cute.

On the other hand Callista took a seat next to Autumn and began to ate, I watched her ate her ice cream.

The way how she licked the spoon is so, mesmerizing.

"Y'all looking at for?" She weirdly looked at us.

"Nothing–"

"Uncle T said you love coffee flavored ice cream" Autumn said.

"Yeah, since then" She replied.

"So you love Uncle Tyler since then?"

I almost choke the cone as Callista laughed at me, Autumn looked at me weirdly enough to explain. After that, she requested to go to the golf store since she haven't been there yet.

I smoothly parked my car and didn't even realize that Callista haven't go there ever since we lost communication. Autumn was still in her uniform, we went out and observed the area for some hidden paparazzi.

Good thing there are few people inside the store, Taco, Jasper and Lionel. They looked at us surprised.

"Oh, y'all come back with a child now?" Jasper mocked.

"No dickhead, she's my niece"

"Calvin's first daughter" I continued. The three looked at the each other and nodded, weird ass.

We talked about some stuffs like foods, bike and life. Callista was busy looking around the shop, I don't know why, but I followed her.

"Looking for anything Maam?" I nonchalantly approached her.

"Nope" She said and laughed, "Really turkey?" She pointed the penis is mightier than the sword shirt and looked at the size.

"Which size? The shirt or the penis?" I asked.

Callista slapped me at the arm, "You're so nasty"

We both laughed and went near the windows where my favorite vinyls were there.

"You still have this?" She said with amazement. The minimal man—The Shroud Of album.

"Yeah" That's all I said and scratch the back of my neck.

The time where you answered me on my birthday.

Not to mention, the interior of this shop was inspired by her draft sketches for her studio years ago. Those random days was like an "okay" day. But, now— I felt the satisfaction that I've been wanting since then. 

Is it because my niggas are here or she's with me the whole afternoon?