Chapter 29: Soirée

Callista

It's weird for I don't remember sleeping here at the bed, anyway I'm not prepared. Kenny's birthday will be held tomorrow and I don't have any fucking costume for it.

Her theme is like inspired from the netflix series; Bridgerton. I haven't finished the series yet.

Some of you might ask about me and Tyler.

Well, I thought we were already fine but we haven't talk or see each other for couple of days after the reunion. I was too busy making a song for Jorja and Sonder.

Yes, Sonder—Brent.

The song that we made is like a closure, at least that's what he said but fuck it. I don't care about that guy anymore.

I kept on waiting for Tyler to respond back but he didn't, maybe he's just too busy and I don't want to interfere his errands.

I might end up a literal fucked up just like years ago.

My phone rang. Frank requesting for a facetime.

"Hey Edwin" I smiled.

: Oh, someone just woke up from the right side of the bed.

He mocked.

"I don't wanna ruin my good mood today, anyway you coming to Kenny's party?"

: Of course, I bet you don't have any costume yet?

"Obviously I am! Can you help me find some?"

: Okay, just update me for the time. I'm going to T's house right now.

"Aight, see you" I said and ended the call.

Me and Frank went through a lot of stores just to find the perfect dress.

"Black?" I asked and showed him the dress.

"Are you attending funeral?" He laughed as I rolled my eyes to find more.

"Hot pink?"

"Too bright"

"How about white?"

"Wedding?" I asked.

"Then what color? We've been looking around for ages" Frank complained as I saw a jade green regency dress.

It has a complete set, long silk gloves and a corset. After purchasing it, me and Frank ate at swingers outside.

We talked about some random things and shit until he asked me about the song that I've been doing.

"How was working with your ex?"

"It's cool, he wants me to cover that song with him" I took a bite of my food.

"And?"

"And what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Something else?"

I rolled my eyes "We talked a bit and he said that he regret everything he did, but he respects what's between me and Tyler" I explained.

"He just wants you back and he knows the thing about you and T?"

"I don't know, maybe? I don't even care about that nigga anymore"

"Big word" He laughed.

"What do you think Tyler's reason why he ignored me?" I ask out of boredom.

"He is not ignoring you. You know him, if he's eager to work something—he's on full mode" He explained.

Oh yeah, his upcoming album, right.

"Make sense, but he could just at least update me or some" I shrugged my shoulders.

"You'll know it" He sighed.

•••••

I prepared my dress before taking a shower, it still bothers me that Tyler haven't reach out yet. I felt something is wrong, Kendall's party will be a great way to talk to him.

After spraying some perfume, I made my way to the venue. It was pretty far from here, so I'll be expecting traffic.

Not long than an hour I made it and parked my car. I fixed my gloves as I heard someone called my name.

"You look beautiful tonight Miss Roberts"

It was Luka.

"How nice of you Lord Sabbat, you look dashing yourself too"

"Is it a requirement to speak the 1813 London's language?" He asked as we entered the garden.

"I don't know but I'm having fun though"

We both laughed.

A lot of people of course followed the theme, I thought Kylie and Kim will go extravagant but it wasn't. Their dress was simple yet eye catching.

Gigi and Bella are here too, I forgot that me and Bella are getting along not like years ago.

"You look like the duchess, Callista. Where's your duke?" Bella asked politely.

"I don't have a duke, I'm not even married" I replied with an accent.

"Still humble as fuck, He's somewhere by those topiars with Lord Ferg"

"Who?"

"Tyler"

I hesitantly nodded for I wanted to back out to talk to him while Bella excused herself.

I could sense he will just ignore my ass and let people think I'm desperate to talk to him, until Frank and Taco came in as the ball started.

"Where the fuck y'all been? Good thing Luka was here" I whispered.

"Blame the traffic" Frank replied.

A group of people began to dance at the center, everyone clapped when Kendall and Fai joined the dance.

The place was scenic and royal. Together with a live band playing cellos and violins, the costume, and even the served foods.

"Can I?" Taco asked while he held his hand.

"Why not?" I smiled and took it as we made our way at the dance floor.

It was fun, I never thought Taco was good at this.

"I thought you don't know how" I shouted so he could hear it.

"The fuck do I look like? I performed this way back sixth grade" He said as we both laughed.

While dancing, I saw a strange looking man standing near the band. It was too blurry for we kept on spinning around, making me a bit dizy.

I assumed it was him, since the guy was only one wearing glasses just like Tyler's