Chapter 17: Match

The party will start at 7 and I still have time to make my way there. Y'all already know that I don't like to follow the rules and that's just who I am.

Quickly jumped in my car and I texted to her that I'll be picking her up. I insist.

Callista, The Crybaby
I'm actually omw there, see u

I smiled and continued driving. Still wondering about her letters and I didn't get enough sleep after reading it.

I was hesitating and might regret it. There were dates written as I began to read them.

Felt mixed emotions for the first-four letters, that's why she always kept her journal away from me. Because all I know that journal was filled with drawings or sketches.

All in all I really feel guilty for she was venting out her problem through letters and not telling it to me, I mean some of it. Callista usually don't like fights and stay out with these, if not she stays quiet or if she couldn't handle it– she walks away and cry.

Plus, I caused all of it– my pride ass. Been hanging out with a guy to distract myself from the pain and hoping he feels the same way. But it wasn't. I'm such a fool.

As I reached the venue, I parked my car and make my way inside.

Maybe the universe breaks people in different ways so they fit when they're together.

If, in some distant place in the future, we see each other in our new lives. I will smile at you with joy,

Those two struck me the most, I was sobbing as fuck. I remember how I saw her at France, she smiled at me and shed a tear. I didn't know that it was her, she changed a lot just like a new life.

Bunch of people I know was here, they're wearing suits. Oh god damn.

Until someone tapped my shoulder, "You're looking good at that Gucci vest" It was Samantha, Callista's cousin.

"Thanks, you're fine with yours too" I replied as I think why is she invited.

She let out a laugh "I'm the Yin's family physician" she read me.

"Oh wow" I gasped in surprised.

The party was pretty good, got to talk with some of the well known businessman here. I got a lot of tips from them, but no sign of Callista.

She said she's here and it's been 2 hours. Where is she? And why the hell am I worrying?

"Looking for someone?" I turned my back, Mr. Yin.

I shook my head "Nope"

"She's with my wife"

Thank heavens.

"Who?"

He laughed as he nudged my side and pointed Callista and Mrs. Yin walked in the room.

I could hear her laugh from here, it's like music to my ears even that smile haven't changed at all.

"Matching colors" Mr. Yin said as the two ladies came to us.

"It was nice talking to you Mr. Okonma" He said and held hands with her wife.

He left my ass.

"Ayo, you copying my color nigga" She said.

"I don't care bitch" I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Until the music changed and a lot of people were at the center, slow dancing.

"Can I?" I held my hand to caught her attention.

She smiled "Of course"

Instead at the center, I pulled her outside.

"Where are you taking me? The dance floor is in inside" She laughed.

"I don't want them to see me dance" Which is true and she knows it.

"Whatever Turkey" She said and rolled her eyes.

I grabbed her hand and rest it at my shoulders while I held the other one. Good thing the music can still be heard from here

"How's your day though?" I asked.

"Pretty good, how about you"

"Just cried at a letter yesterday"

"Really? Are those hand written letters?" She asked and raised an eyebrow at me.

My heart beat was fucking fast, like it's about to explode.

I blinked "Uhm yes i-" fuck I stuttered.

"Okay. I just remembered mine at the back of my journal, it's missing"

Oh god, she knew it. What would I say?

"Maybe you've just misplaced it" I nonchalantly said and let out a laugh.

She gave me a very serious look as I felt the tension. Her eyes were darted at mine, she probably read me. I was getting nervous as I bit my insides and looked away.

"So you have my letters?" She let out a giggle.

"Yes" and looked down.

This is so embracing, it's just a stupid letter.

"Thank you for being honest" Callista smiled.

I was surprised for she wasn't mad that I took it, she was calm– too calm.

"Aren't you mad?"

"A little bit. I was supposed to get rid of it yesterday and I didn't know you would intervene with it" She said with a harsh tone.

Ouch.

"I'm sorry"

That's all I said, maybe that's what she's trying to tell me to read it. There was silence and it's getting awkward. I could feel our hands were slipping since we both have sweaty palms.

"You know, I do always wonder why did they accept you to become a model when you're shorter than me with heels. Penguin ass"

I broke the ice.

"I'm just a few inches shorter than you Turkey, I'm not a penguin you're just tall" She rolled her eyes and hit my arm.

"I'm just messing with you" I laughed.

"Whatever. You still haven't change huh?" Callista smirked.

"Same old musty nigga that still loves you" I stopped for a second to realized what I've said.

Why the fuck did I say that? Shit

I noticed her face softened.

"I could sens–"

"Sike! just kidding" I laughed and looked away.

If only I have my pocket knife with me, it would be so damn easy to cut this much tension.

No really, I'm still in love and I wanted to forget you so bad.