Chapter Two

As Remi arrived at work, her phone dinged in her back pocket. She continued to walk as she pulled her phone out of her pocket, revealing a text from Nick.

Nicky❣️

Hey Rem, how's my favorite girl?

Rem❣️

Hey Nicky! I'm ok, running late for work so I'm tryna hustle in there right now. How are you?

Nicky❣️

Oh shit ok, I was just wondering if you wanted to call later and catch up maybe? We haven't called in like two weeks

Rem❣️

Yea of course! I get off today at 4, so call me at 3:30 your time?

Nicky❣️

Sounds like a plan, talk to you then Rem, have a great day at work, <3 u

Rem❣️

<3 u too talk to you later

As Remi entered her workplace through the back entrance, she was greeted with a familiar smell. She enjoyed working, the people weren't all too bad. But today, she just wanted work to be over with. She missed talking to her best friend, and couldn't wait to catch up with him.

Remi walked into the staff room and put her wallet in her locker, grabbed her list of things to stock before the store opened, and exited the staff room into the store.

The first thing she had to stock was the candles, which were her favorite. She loved smelling the new ones they got, testing them out to see if any of them were suitable for her to take back to her apartment. She had a different candle in every room, and none of the smells collided with one another. She loved it.

Half an hour went by and the store was opening, so Remi took her spot near the candle section to help customers find something or recommend things of her liking.

2 hours later, she had already helped around 20 people and about 17 of them took her recommendation on which candles to purchase. She loved when people did this, it made her feel useful for once.

Another hour had passed, and as Remi was walking around making sure none of the candles were broken, a brown hair boy around Remi's age approached her.

"I-uh, Miss? Do you, uh, think you can h-help me look for some candles?"

Remi stopped what she was doing and turned around, smiling brightly at the boy in front of her.

"Of course! Now do you have any requests on scents or anything like that?" Remi asked.

"Uh, n-no not particularly, just something to uh, make my house smell better, I live with a couple other people."

"Ok, I'll show you the strongest smelling candles, right this way."

Remi walked down the isle and stopped at a certain section, the boy following closely behind.

"Ok so your best bets would probably be Peach on Earth, White Tea and Sage, Cinnamon Carmel Swirl, Fresh Winter Air or Spiced Apple Toddy." Remi told the boy, who looked the candles up and down.

"Um, I think I'll take one of each, just to put in rooms and have some extra laying around." The boy stated, looking down at Remi. She smiled and looked up, taking in all of the boys features.

     He had fluffy brown hair, with dull greyish eyes. He was quite tall to Remi, and she assumed he was about 5'11, because he seemed to be a bit taller than Remi, who stood at  5'7. She was attracted to the boy, it seemed like he had every featured Remi adored.

"Ok perfect, here let me put them in your basket for you." Remi said, reaching for the candles. One of them was too high for her to reach.

"Here, I got this one." The boy said, and gave Remi a sheepish smile.

"Thank you sir," Remi said, "Let me walk you to the register."

Remi and the boy walked to the cash register making small talk.

"Thank you again miss, I really had no clue on what to get." The boy said, scratching the back of his neck

"No problem! I usually work every day except for Saturdays and Sunday's, so if you ever come back I'll be here to help!" Remi said, smiling up at the boy. He smiled back and Remi turned and walked away, heading back to her spot to help more people.

The clock hit 4 P. M., and Remi sighed in relief. She walked back to the staff room to grab her wallet, and headed out the back door.

"Thank god it's Friday," She thought to herself, "Two days off now."

Remi hopped in her car and sped home, eager to facetime her best friend and catch up with him. Nick was the person she told everything to, and of course she was going to tell him about the boy she helped at work, kind of knowing she'd never see him again.

A. N.

Chapter two!! Hope you guys enjoy this so far, next chapter will include her and Nicks facetime

Love you all! Thank you for reading!