Chapter Twelve

An hour had passed and Remi and the boys had finished eating and chatting at the table. They decided that tonight they would all just chill and play video games with each other, and go out around the town tomorrow.

The guys started to drink a little bit, but not as much as last night, just to make it more fun for them. Remi joined in, but limited herself so she wasn't like she was the night before.

With a bottle of black cherry Mikes in hand, she went a took a seat on the couch next to Karl, but also next to Dream. She scooted over closer to Karl, whose response was putting her arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer. She didn't dare look at Dream for a solid 10 minutes. Once she finally looked over at him, he had some sort of regret on his face.

"Rem, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" He asked, not an ounce of alcohol around him. Karl looked over at them, confused but not saying anything. She gave him a reassuring smile and nodded at Dream, and the pair walked to the kitchen.

"Listen Rem, I cannot express how sorry I am for what I did earlier. I'm not myself when I'm drunk at all and I know it's a huge problem. I know you like Karl and I know he likes you back and I have to accept that. And I do. But I want to be friends. I wanna get closer to you. I wanna be a step below Nick, just a person you can go to whenever. I just want you to trust me. And I know it's going to be hard after what happened earlier, but I can promise you it won't happen again," Remi stopped him by hugging him around the waist.

"Clay, I forgive you. I know that wasn't who you are, I was just startled. Thank you for talking to me. Of course we can be friends. I wouldn't want anything more." Dream sighed in relief, hugging Remi back tightly.

"Thank you. This means so much you don't understand." He mumbled into her neck.

     "Of course, let's get back to the boys, okay? They're probably wondering where we are." She replied. He nodded and they walked back into the living room where Wilbur and Alex sat playing fortnite on the two Tvs.

     Remi took her place next to Karl and Dream sat beside her once again. Karl leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Hey, everything okay?"

     She nodded in response and smiled at him, grabbing his arm and putting it around her shoulder. She laid back on his chest, facing the Tv. Obviously from the position she was laying in, she didn't see Karl's face turn bright red. He still was not used to this whatsoever, but enjoyed every second of it. Nick however, noticed this and gave Karl a thumbs up as Remi wasn't paying attention. He smiled back at Nick and started playing with Remi's hair. It was shiny, blonde, and smooth as silk. It was irresistible to not mess with it.

     As Karl played with Remi's hair, she couldn't help but think back to what Clay said in the kitchen. Did Karl really like her back? Was it wrong to fall so fast for someone?

     She pushed these thought away and lifted her head off Karl's chest, standing up.

     "I'm gonna go get another Mikes. Anyone want anything?" She asked.

     "Yea, could you be a doll and mix me some vodka and Sprite?" Wilbur asked, holding his glass up. She nodded and grabbed it from his hand, stepping around Alex who was on the floor still playing his game.

     "And stop drinking, you're nineteen." Wilbur called after her. She laughed at his response and decided to grab a shot glass and fill it with vodka. She stepped around the corner and into the living room.

     "Hey Will!" She called over to him. He looked her straight in the eyes, noticing the shot in her hand. She took it down and flipped him off, sending the rest of the boys into a fit of laughter. She went back into the kitchen and into the fridge to grab her drink and made Will's. She returned back to to the living room and handing Will his drink, smiling at him.