Chapter Thirteen

Remi awoke a few minutes before her and Karl's alarm went off. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through Twitter for a few minutes before Karl's phone began to ring. She turned towards him, his arm still strongly wrapped around her.

     "Come on Karl, we gotta get ready for the day." She whispered to him. He groaned in response, not budging from his position. She started to get up, struggling to release from his grip.

     "No, babe stay." He said, his morning voice deep and raspy. He dragged her back down and pulled her in closer, leaving no space between their bodies. Her face grew beet red when Karl called her 'babe'. She mentally did not prepare herself for that, but deep down she was engulfed in warmth.

     "Fine. 10 more minutes tops." She said. She wasn't going to argue, being this close to Karl was a position she didn't want to leave either. She felt him smile against her neck, and he placed a kiss upon it. Remi almost fell back asleep because she was so comfortable, but knew she had to stay up to wake up Karl. After 10 minutes had passed, she turned towards him once more.

     "Karl, love we have to get up now." She said, staring at him, taking in all of his features. His eyes fluttered open, and he gave Remi a peck on the lips. He started to get up, finally releasing Remi from his grip.

     "I like that name. 'Love'. Has a nice ring to it." He smiled. She blushed and got out of bed, heading over to her bag to grab her clothes. She didn't want to dress up today, so she brought a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt. Karl came up behind her and snaked his hands around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder. He looked down at the clothes she had in her hand.

     "Can you wear one of my sweatshirts instead?" He asked, taking her sweatshirt from her hand. She nodded and followed him to his closet. He started rummaging through it, and finally pulled out a white sweatshirt with a cool design on it. She smiled as he handed it to her, and walked over to the bed to set her things down.

     "Do you care if I change in here?" She asked, looking over her shoulder at him.

     "No, I'll go change somewhere else then." He replied, starting to pick up his things.

     "No no it's fine, you can stay in here." She hoped he didn't find that weird, but she felt more comfortable with him than anyone else she's ever met, other than Nick. He smiled and nodded his head, and she turned towards the bed. She took off her shirt, and laid it on the bed. Karl came up behind her and hugged her from behind again, his body and hands warm against her skin.

     "You're perfect, you know that?" He asked, turning her around. They looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Karl pulled her in for yet another kiss, this one longer and more passionate than the first. She ran her fingers through his dark, thick hair, while his hands explored her open back. After what felt like an hour later, they pulled apart.

     "Yea, you're absolutely perfect." He stated again, smiling down at her. She laughed and rolled her eyes, turning back around towards her clothing. She threw on his sweatshirt along with her leggings. She headed into his bathroom and started to put her hair into a messy bun, applying some mascara. She came out of the bathroom to see Karl laying on his bed, slowly falling back asleep.

      What else would she do in this situation? She jumped on top of him, wrapping her arms and legs around him. He didn't flinch, but wrapped his arms around her and flipped her over. As he was hovering over her, eyes locked, they heard the door open.

     "AHHHHH MY EYES KARLOS WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING OH MY GOD GUYS THEY'RE TOUCHING EACH OTHER." Alex yelled, slamming the door shut and running away. Remi and Karl heard him stomping around and screaming, so they exited Karl's room.

     Alex came around the corner again, seeing the pair. He screamed and ran away again, setting Remi into a fit of laughter. They headed downstairs to see the rest of the boys in the living room, a couple on their phones and others engaged in conversation. She sat down next to Nick on the couch.

     "You know I'd do my usual good morning and kiss you on the cheek but I don't know what germs are on it now." He said, making a disgusted face.

     "Good morning to you too Nick." She said, kissing his cheek anyways.

     "EW I DONT KNOW WHERE THOSE LIPS HAVE BEEN OH MY GOD DISGUSTING." Nick yelled, running to the kitchen. She heard the sink start, and laughed to herself because she knew he was rinsing his cheek off. Karl walked over and sat on the other side of her.

     "I'll give you a good morning kiss." He said, kissing her cheek. She blushed and saw Dream staring at them, a look of sadness in his eyes.

     "So what's the plan for today?" She asked. She honestly had no clue what they had planned for the day.

     "Well I was thinking we could go get brunch, and head to the beach for a while and walk around the pier at night." Karl said. Everyone nodded and agreed that sounded like a good idea.

     "I didn't bring a bathing suit though." She said.

     "I'll buy you one when we're out." Karl said, getting up and holding his hand out for her to take. She grabbed it and stood herself up, walking towards the kitchen. She grabbed a water bottle and headed back into the living room where the boys were grabbing all of their things.

     "Alright, we all good to go?" Will asked, getting nods in response. Everyone exited Karl's house, Karl being last to lock the door behind him.