Chapter Three

Remi rushed inside her apartment building, running to her door and locking it behind her. She then proceeded to throw everything on her kitchen table and run to her room, unplugging her laptop.

     She looked through her contacts until she found Nicks name, and excitedly clicked on it. It rang about 3 times before he answered with a smile on his face.

     "Hey mamas! Long time no talk how's my girl?" Nick asked.

     "Hey Nicky, I've been doing a lot better recently, eating more and getting up on time. Some days it's still hard but i manage it."

     Remi has had a small eating disorder and body dysmorphia since she was 13, Nick and a few other friends being the only ones to know about it. Nick was the first one Remi told about it, knowing she could trust him.

     "I'm glad you're eating more hun, it makes me happy to see you doing better. But why all the excitement? Usually you're so blah and boring." Nick said sarcastically, emphasizing the 'blah and boring'.

     "What, I cant be excited to talk to my bestest friend in the whole universe?" Remi asked, throwing her hands up in the air.

     "Well obviously you can be excited about that, but on the other hand you never are. What happened at work today spill the beans mamas." Nick replied. He always knew when something was up with Remi, it was like she was an open book only he could read, even thought she closed herself off from the rest of the world.

     "Fuck you Nick, fine. I saw a cute boy at work today and I helped him pick out candles. That's it. That's literally it." Remi said, rolling her eyes.

     "That's it? You're excited because you helped a cute boy pick out candles? That probably means he smells, or his apartment or house is musty," Nick said, scrunching his nose, "Anyways, I'm assuming you got his name and number right?"

     Remi looked at her fingers, realizing that no, no she did not. Nick took Remi not answering as a hard no.

     "Rem, you really thought this guy was cute, yet you did nothing about it? What if you never see him again, what if he finds a new candle store to go to? WHAT IF HE HAS A GIRLLLLLFRIENDDDD" Nick said, yelling the last part and dragging it out.

     "I know I know, that's why I didn't wanna tell you because I know I'll never see him again." Remi said.

     "We'll never say never Rem, if he is a stinky boy he'll be back sooner than later needing more candles from you," Nick said with a laugh, "But I should probably get going, I have to stream with my friends tonight, you know Dream and George right?" Nick asked.

     "Yea kind of, only from watching your streams, I don't watch any of your friends." Remi admitted.

     "Good, you'll always be my number one fan and I'll always be yours. Promise." Nick said, holding his pinky up to the camera.

     Remi proceeded to put her pinky up to the camera as well, and they both bended them, as if they were locking pinky's for a promise. "Promise," Remi said. "And can you please come visit me soon? I need you to help me shop for my apartment." Remi said.

     "Of course, Rem. I'll text you when I'm free and I can fly over for a week or two ok?"

     "Perfect. Go have fun streaming, I'll text you, love you Nicky." Remi said, sad to be hanging up.

     "Love you too Rem. Go eat something for me right now ok?" Nick asked, staring at Remi.

     "I will Mom, jesus" Remi replied, rolling her eyes.

     "Thanks hun, I'll talk to you later ok?" Remi nodded in response and the call ended.

     Remi hated hanging up on Nick, not being able to talk more, but she knew his streaming and video schedule was busy, so she was grateful they had a little time to talk about things.

     Remi laid in bed watching T.V, and she looked over at the clock which read 10:47 P. M. She knew she didn't have work tomorrow but she was exhausted from today.

     She turned off her T. V. and proceeded to go on her phone, her mind drifting to the boy she saw at work today. She couldn't keep her mind off of him, he was perfect to her.

     Remi had never been into muscular, jock type boys. She preferred the skinny boys with a good hair flow. And that's exactly what the boy in the store had.

     Eventually Remi drifted off into sleep, forgetting to set her alarm to a decent time in the morning. She had nothing planned, but still liked getting up early to do things during the day.

     This was one of the first nights in years Remi didn't have a nightmare, but instead dreamed about the brown haired boy buying candles.

A. N.
Hey Guys, chapter three is out! Sorry I couldn't update yesterday I'm in D. C. right now checking out a college, but I hope y'all enjoy! Expect Chapter 4 on monday, thanks fo reading!!