Chapter Sixteen

Karl held Remi's hand the entire way home. They decided to take the scenic route to spend more time alone together, since they knew the boys would be all over them once they got back home.

     About half an hour later, the couple finally arrived home. The boys must have heard them pull into the driveway or just been looking out of the window, because as soon as they arrived home the others came rushing out.

     The first boy to reach Remi was of course, Alex. He tackled her in a hug and started yelling in her ear.

     "REM IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH WERE GONNA BE BEST FRIENDS LIKE ME AND KARLOS I CANT WAIT." He exclaimed while throwing her around. She laughed and grabbed him by the shoulder, pushing him off.

     "We will be best friends, promise." She replied. Alex's grin widened.

     "KARLOS I ALREADY MADE A PROMISE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND SUCK IT!" He screamed whilst running away. Nick was the next one to come up to her, hugging her more gently.

     "I'm so happy my two best friends are together. I love you both. Make him happy and he'll make you even happier. Okay? I love you, Rem." He said.

     "I plan to make him the happiest man alive. Thank you, Nick. I love you more." She replied, pulling away from the hug. George and Wilbur both hugged Remi and said their congrats. She looked off to the side to see Dream leering go of Karl and heading towards her. She shifted from where she was standing, walking towards him. He pulled her into a light hug, whispering in her ear.

     "As long as you're happy, I'm happy. Don't hurt him. He's a good guy and he'll take great care of you."

     She let go and smiled up at him, pulling him in for another short hug.

     "Thank you, Clay."

     After everyone was settled down and headed back inside, they started to make dinner. Everyone decided since it was pretty late they'd stay in for the night. Remi headed upstairs to change into sweats and one of Karl's sweatshirts since they weren't doing anything. As she put on the sweatpants, she heard a knock at the door.

     "Who is it?" She asked.

     "Just me. Can I come in?" Nick asked. She told him he could and he opened the door. She was still in her bra, but she didn't care as Nick has been around her like this before. She felt comfortable around him and knew he wouldn't do anything. He headed into the room, shutting the door behind him. He jumped on the bed, sitting cries cross applesauce like a kindergartener.

     "Hey can we talk Rem?" He asked, all serious. She nodded her head as she started taking off her makeup.

     "Okay this isn't bad, I just want to talk for a few minutes while you're getting ready. Karl man, he's crazy about you. Like even when he didn't know you when you guys first met at work, he felt something for you. And you know that true because he told us himself. I just want to make sure you're into this. Because he's crazy for you, and you guys are my best friends. I don't want to see one of you guys hurt in the end. I want to know you're feelings." He rambled. She was finished taking off her makeup and put on the sweatshirt, so she sat next to him on the bed.

     "Nick, I haven't felt like this about anyone before. Not even my ex. And you know how crazy I was about him at first. Karl's different. I know I can be myself around him. I want this to work out. I want us to last. Nick I'm obsessed with everything about him. His laugh, his smile, his hair, his personality, all of it. I can go on for days about how much I like this kid. It's ridiculous, he's making me simp. And you know I NEVER simp." Nick laughed in response

     "Okay Rem, I just wanted to make sure. I've known you both for so long, I just know you guys are perfect for each other. You're meant to be. He won't screw up. You have nothing to ever worry about. I promise you. He's a great guy. You deserve someone like him to be there when I can't be. And as long as it's Karl, I'm okay with another guys being in your life." He smiled and pulled Remi into a hug, and they both got off the bed. They headed downstairs to the smell of steak and potatoes.

     Remi and Nick walked into the kitchen to see Wilbur and George making the last of the food. On the counter were steaks, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, and green beans. They were just finished making the dinner rolls.

     "You guys need help carrying this to the table?" Remi asked.

     "Yes that would be great, thank you." Wilbur smiled. Remi grabbed the steaks and the green beans while Nick grabbed the mac n cheese and dinner rolls. Wilbur and George grabbed plates, utensils and napkins. They set the table and Remi whistled to the boys, signaling dinner was ready. The others came into the dining room, sitting around the table. Karl took a seat next to Remi, putting his hand on her thigh. She blushed and turned away from him, hoping he didn't see it. Everyone started passing the food around, putting the dinner on their plates. After eating, talking and laughing for about 2 hours, it was 2 in the morning.

     "Alright guys, I don't know about you but I'm tired as fuck." Remi said, yawning and stretching. The boys all agreed with her, and they started going into their rooms. Karl took Remi's hand as they went up the stairs and into Karl's  room.

     "Hey, it's kinda hot in here, do you mind if i just sleep with my sweatpants and sports bra, if you're not comfortable with that it's-" Karl cut her off by pulling her into short kiss, looking into her eyes.

     "I want you to be comfortable with me. I. don't. care. You could grow a mustache for all I care." Remi laughed and kissed him again. She turned around and pulled off her sweatshirt. When she turned back around, she saw Karl with his shirt off, taking off his sweats also. She stared at him for a moment before he saw her staring.

     "I can put my clothes back on if you want, but I kinda realized it was hot too." He said, picking his shirt back up. She took his shirt and threw it back on the ground, grabbing his hand. She led him to the bed where they both laid down. She turned towards him and looked him in the eyes.

     "I. don't. care. either. As long as we're both comfortable with each other, we have nothing to worry about.." He smiled and kissed her, and pulled Remi onto his chest. They both laid there for about another hour and a half, scrolling through Tik Tok and other Instagram comments. When they were both tired they plugged their phones in and turned off the lamp.

     "Goodnight Remi, sweet dreams." He said, kissing her forehead. She smiled.

     "Goodnight Karl, thank you for the perfect night." He smiled and pulled her in closer to him, and they both drifted off to sleep.