Chapter Eleven

The drive to Remi's apartment seemed like forever when she was with Karl. Even though it was such a short distance, Karl's presence and humor made it seem like they were on some kind or road trip. He played songs by One Direction, and to Remi's surprise, he knew every lyric to the songs he played by them.

     A few minutes later, Karl pulled into Remi's apartment complex, parking in the parking garage.

"Hey, you want me to come in with you? I can grab Nicks stuff and you can grab your own?" He asked, already unbuckling his seatbelt. She nodded her head in response, starting to unbuckle her own.

She turned to open the car door but Karl was already on it, holding it open for her to get out. She smiled and thanked him, leading him out of the parking garage.

A few minutes later, Karl and Remi reached her apartment, unlocking the door and headed inside.

"I'm sorry it's so empty, I just moved in recently. Nick and I went shopping for stuff and it's all going to be delivered tomorrow." Remi said, motioning to her empty space.

"It's alright, I waited like a month before I did anything with my place." Karl said, following Remi into the bedroom.

"Nicks stuff is over in that corner, no clue what he brought." Remi said. Karl nodded and headed over to Nicks bags.

While he did that, she shuffled through her clothes and grabbed an outfit for today, clothes for bed, and another outfit for tomorrow. She went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth and hair before putting those things into her bag. She grabbed her makeup bag just in case.

She exited the bathroom and saw Karl sitting on her bed, and she assumed he was scrolling through Twitter or something.

     "Hey do you mind if I shower at your place? The bill to use the water here is fucking insane." She asked. He looked up at her and nodded, looking back down at his phone. She walked over to her bed and sat down next to him. She rested her head on his shoulder to see what he was scrolling through, and it was in fact, Twitter. He rested his head on top of hers in response, and they stayed like that for a few minutes.

     "Hey, so you and Nick.." He started saying. She picked her head up and looked him dead in the eyes to finish his sentence.

     "Are best friends. Nothing more." She said, sternly. He nodded his head and got up off the bed.

     "Ready?" He asked. She got up off the bed and grabbed his keys in response, handing them to him. They walked to the front door, Remi opening it for him this time, so she could make sure the door was locked behind them.

     They headed to the car, in which Karl opened and closed the car door for her. They once again listened to One Direction, Remi amazed on how he knew all the words.

     They finally arrived back at Karl's. They got out of the car and headed inside, only to be greeted by the boys all arguing.

     "Woah, what the honk is going on here?" Karl asked.

     "No one can decide what they want for breakfast. They didn't want to use all your food." Wilbur said, looking up from the book he was reading on the couch, and being the only one not participating in the bickering.

     "Guys, I really don't care. Just work together and make whatever you guys want, okay?" Karl said, shaking his head. The boys cheered and Karl laughed, looking at Remi.

     "I assume you want to shower, right?" He asked, and she nodded.

     "Ok, just go shower in my room, we'll be making food for when you're done." He smiled at her, still nervous by how beautiful she was. She grabbed Nicks stuff from his hand and put it upstairs, along with her own stuff.

     She walked into Karl's bathroom, turning on the water for the shower. She waited until the water was warm to undress, so she wouldn't be cold.

     As soon as the water started to warm up, Remi got up off the rim of the toilet. As she was about to start undressing, she heard the door to the bathroom open.

TW

     "Um Dream? I was literally about to get in the shower, what do you want?" She asked, confused. He said nothing and walked over to her, and she started backing away.

     "W-what are you doing, Clay?" He said nothing again, but grabbing Remi by the throat, pulled her in and kissed her harshly. She tried to pull back but was unsuccessful to do so. His breath reeked of vodka. She knew he had been drinking while they were gone. A few seconds later he pulled away, and finally spoke.

     "You know, I'm much better looking than Karl. Taller, more muscular, more popular. You're stupid if you go for him and not me. And don't you dare. Tell ANYONE. About this. We clear?"

     "Clay. It's like 5:30. You're drunk. Please, just go back downstairs." She pleaded with him. He shook his head and scoffed, exiting the bathroom and closing the door behind him.

TW OVER

She couldn't believe what just happened. Was she going to tell Karl? No. She couldn't. She didn't want to ruin their friendship. She got in the shower and proceeded to wash her hair, still shell shocked.

15 minutes later she got out, dried her hair, got dressed, and went downstairs. She had been in the bathroom for about 45 minutes, and all the boys were done cooking their food. It was all spread across the table, and it smelled delicious.

"You know, I can't believe you bums made breakfast for dinner." Remi joked, trying to act like herself. They all took a seat at the table, Remi sitting as far from Dream as possible, with Karl right by her side.

As she grabbed food, she was deep in thought. She knew last night how drunk she was, and how Karl didn't take advantage of her. He was sweet, cuddling her throughout the night, begging her to stay in bed when she woke up. She compared that to Dream, who took advantage of her while she was sober.

She knew in her heart, Karl was the one for her.

She just hoped he felt the same.