Pt. 41] Hurry Up

3rd Person POV

Leo let out a huge long sigh, getting a better grip on his rifle by using both of his hands.

It has been a long time since he started using painkillers. To be a little precise, around 5 years ago. He didn't know his pain grew worse with those shots and painkillers he had as his daily routine.

He looked up ahead to see the katanas that were attached to the wall. He silently sighed in relief. Setting his rifle to his left hand, he used his right hand to take a katana. But it didn't budge. He groaned loudly, setting the rifle down. He used both hands to pull out the katana from the wall.

"Leo?" He heard, immediately recognizing the voice. He turned around with his eyes wide open. He shook his head, putting aside his pain.

"Amelia!" He called out, happily.

"What are you..." She trailed off, slowly walking towards him.

All of a sudden, she stopped in her tracks. The handcrafted fox mask dangling on her neck, supported by a roughly braided rope. Leo's eyes widened a little as he slowly walked over to her.

He placed a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "Amelia? Hey, are you alright?" He asked, worried.

Amelia paused for a second, her head hang low. Her blue bangs making shadows over her eyes. She was debating in her head whether to act or to tell him, but then again, she didn't want him to worry. She lifted her head, taking a quick glance at him.

"I'm..." She hesitated, her lips quivering. She grunted as she turned her head to the other way. Her mask making a slight clack sound by making contact with the rope. "Fine. I'm fine. A little scratches here and there but I'm fine."

She walked towards the wall, shrugging off Leo's hand off her shoulder. She placed a leg onto the wall as she took out both the katana. She noticed she was in the middle of the hallway where the experimented children were. She let out a breath.

"What time is it?"

Leo was caught off guard by the question. He looked at the antic watch on his wrist that Leslie gave him. "Time for the Shutdown," He stated.

"Well, what are we still here standing for?" She said, dragging her katanas.

Leo looked at her confused, his eyebrows furrowed. "I thought I was the one doing this by myself?" He questioned her words.

"I'm going with you," She merely replied while walking down the hallway.

He was obviously taken aback by her answer. "What?" He sped walked towards her and slowed down as he was walking side by side with her. "Why...?"

"Because you're my friend, dumbass." She let out a chuckle. "Any more ridiculous questions?"

----------

Eric furrowed his eyebrows. "1073! That should be all of them," He heard Leslie informed.

'Why wasn't Leslie with Amelia?' Eric thought, his figure slouching as he pouted.

Norman noticed this and approached him. "Worried about her again?" He asked, placing a hand on Eric's shoulder.

The brunette nodded. "Very..." He muttered sadly.

Norman smiled softly, "Then go." Eric looked towards him in confusion, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I see that you two had created quite an interesting friendship. You're worried about her. You want to make sure she's okay, right? Then go. No one is stopping you," Norman added.