Pt. 4] Lies

I stared at the sky, admiring the shapes and sizes of the clouds. One of them looked like a bunny, another looked like a ship, another looked like.. Caleb. I sighed. I stood up and jump down from the branch. I walked towards the fence.

I was sure that no one would be there. But my guesses were wrong.

"Norman? What are you doing in my spot?" I asked.

He just smiled. "I guess you found me." He replied as I walked towards him.

I stand beside him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh you didn't know? Everyone's it, while I'm not!" Norman said.

I nodded and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Guess we win." I stated.

"Anyways, what do you by this is your spot?" He asked.

"I'll have to say that's classified," I answered. He let out a hum.

"Oye! Norman! Found you!" A cheerful voice said, and of course, it was Emma.

As she landed on Norman's side, she finally noticed me. No surprise there.

"Ehhh??! Amelia, you caught him first? Awww mann... I thought I could win!" Emma whined.

I didn't respond. I didn't know what to say or feel. Angry, that she thinks I don't deserve to win? Sad, that she didn't noticed me earlier? Happy, that I was the one whom found Norman first? Or-

"Yeah.." I snapped out of daze. I must've doze off again.

"Mom is always telling us that," Norman said. They must talking about the fence.

"Mama said that the gate and fence is very dangerous..." Emma said.

"I don't really see anything scary about it," I said.

"Why would you say tha-" I jumped over the fence.

"AMELIA!!" Emma and Norman screamed out.

I turned to them, my hands on the back of my head. "Do I look like I'm hurt?" I asked.

"W-Well..." Norman sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. I then saw Ray coming out of the bushes.

"That's what I thought," Ray said, surprising Emma.

"EH? RAY? WHERE DID YOU CAME FROM?" Emma shrieked.

"The bushes. It seems that he has been listening to our conversation," I bluntly stated as I jumped over the fence.

"Amelia's right and back to the subject," He said, walking towards us. "Is it true what Amelia said."

"The fence is incredibly low, even Blueberry Cheese Tart can jump over it-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there, Ray. My hair may be similar to the colour of a blueberry. But that doesn't mean you can just call me that. And I absolutely would love it if you stop calling me short. You're just tall." I interrupted, glaring at Ray.

"Alright... shortcake." He mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"Nuthin."

I sighed, placing my attention back to the fence. "There's just no way that beyond this fence is dangerous. From here, you can clearly see it's just another side of the forest," I half-lied.

"B-But Mama said-"

"You really do love Mama do you?" Ray spat.

Emma's eyes widened a little. "Doesn't... Anyone-"