Pt. 24] Nightmare

Amelia's POV

The clock on the wall showed midnight. I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. The only sounds heard in my room were my breathing.

There wasn't even any natural Sunlight because we're in a bunker. I turned to the side, seeing my lantern brightly flaming the room a little. I let out a breath.

I turned to the other side of the bed while closing my eyes trying to get some sleep. I grumbled, sitting up. I walked towards my desk and took hold of the lantern.

When I opened the door, I jumped back immediately in surprise to see Boke. "Eric?? What are doing here in the middle of the night?!" I whisperedly-yelled.

He nervously chuckled. "Uh I'm sorry! I was.. I can't sleep..." He muttered in defeat.

"And..? Why are you doing in front of my door?"

"Well.. I was gonna ask you if.. you wanna.. go stargazing?" He asked, raising up his hand that were holding multiple items.

"Are you not scared that there will be demons patrolling?" I asked, raising a brow. I was slightly taken aback by his confidence.

"Don't worry! Demons don't really go outside during the night! And I will be there to protect you!" He exclaimed with his usual smile.

I sighed. "Alright... But, if I by any chance fall asleep, don't wake me up," I said, giving in. I took my prussian blue jacket that have been washed and wore it, knowing it will be cold outside. I then walked out of my room.

----------

As soon as I stepped outside, lantern in hand, my eyes sparkled and my mouth opened a little, surprised.

Stars light the sky like snow-flakes in the night. I smiled, feeling the night wind blowing my ocean blue hair. It always enlightens me that the night sky shows their natural beauty with pride.

The stars... were the promise of life in the dark. It's odd that there's a sense of warmth springing from the cold. No matter how much the years has passed, the countlese nights I stayed up just to look at the beautiful night sky, I always see the night skies as a fresh gift given anew.

This was the moment anyone that knew me would see my breathing deepen just a little. Yet the constellations, who'd witnessed centuries and millennia just the same, watched over this tiny moment, were also the ones that I love the most about the night sky.

I smiled to myself, knowing Caleb is watching as well.

Eric's POV

My plan inviting princess went perfectly! I knew she wouldn't sleep, she always doesn't. Well most of the times. Luckily, I drank some hot chocolate to keep me awake.

When I got out of the bonker first, I quickly set up our things; Two seperate blankets on the sand and some snacks, just incase I get hungry.

I dusted my hands as the sands fall off, then wiping a sweat off my forehead. A chilling breeze then passed the both of us, sending shivers down my spine. I quickly took a coat and wore it.

I looked around to find another coat for Amelia but. 'aww... I didn't bring an extra one..' I thought. I didn't know the night wind would be this cold.

I then used my blanket and dusted the sand off. I took hold of the blanket and turned to princess.

I was quite shocked to see her smiling out of nowhere as she was looking up at the sky. Seeing her smile as if it was her first time going stargazing, made me felt like my body got lighter.