Pt. 9] Plan

"Hey! I said wait up!" Leo said, trying to catch up to Amelia.

Amelia mentally sighed and obligated. Leo grinned as he walked beside Amelia.

"Why, thank you!" Leo sarcastically said.

"Your welcome. Next time, you better match my speed if you're gonna by my bodyguard." She said.

Leo rolled his eyes. "What is your job anyway?" Amelia asked out of the blue.

He smirked, glad that he'll get to talk about his 'job'. "Well, I need of course, I'll need to be at your side 24/7, at least in the same room." He stated.

"Then what if I want to be alone?" Amelia asked.

"You gotta tell me where you are going. Then, every 5~10 minutes I'll check up on you. I'll also protect you and escort you to places." He explained, very proud of himself.

"Basically, you trying to protect yourself from me and telling you where I'm going or what I'm doing every 10 minutes like a mother telling her busybody child," Amelia stated, bluntly.

Leo's pride immediately dropped. "I-... That's...." He muttered, unknowingly what to say. He quickly looked around and spotted the little child in Amelia's arm.

He smirked as he thought of an idea. He quickly went in front of Amelia, back walking as he extended a hand towards her. She blankly stared at him.

"Let me carry her for y- SHIT-" He sweared when he tripped on the stairs.

As he was gonna faceplant Amelia, she quickly stepped out of the way, letting Leo fall to the hard wooden floor.

Amelia shook her head in disappointment. "The Ratni Clan's are full blown idiots..." She muttered, walking up the stairs.

Leo let out a groaned as he stood up, rubbing his slightly red forehead. He quickly turned around with a look of anger but stopped. He regained his posture and took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

After that, Leo walked towards Amelia and walked side by side, placing his hands in his pocket. Amelia stopped in front of the door, staring at it. Leo paused beside her, arching a brow.

'Why is she staring at the door-'Leo's thoughts were cut off by Amelia.

"Mind opening the door for me, bodyguard?" She asked with a hint of annoyance. He blinked, comprehending what she just said. His eyes widened in realization when he realized Amelia was holding onto Carol.

"Oh. Uh, kay. My bad." He said, opening the door as he walked in first. He kept the door open until Amelia walked passed him.

Leo sighed. 'This mission is harder than I thought...' He thought, eyeing Amelia's figure as she carefully placed Carol with a soft smile.

For some reason, Leo felt his face warmed up. He quickly shook it off as he turned his head away.

~M🄴A🄽W🄷I🄻E~

"We finally get to play with Amelia!!!" Phil and Sherry exclaimed very happily as they ran toward the tree.

"Eh. She's not here... It's just you guys- Don, what even-" Phil asked, flabbergasted why Don is leaning on the tree, reading a book titled 'ABC'.

"I'm pretending to be Ray!" He exclaimed, proudly.

"So, you don't anything else better to do..." Phil sighed.

Sherry looked around, a sad look upon her face. She turned to Gilda. "Where's Amelia?" She asked, a little worried.

Amelia said that she will play with them because that's the part of their deal from that day. But, she was no where to be seen.