Pt. 16] Betrayal

Leo woke up a little early today. He sat up from his bed, yawning a bit. He saw that Amelia was still sleeping.

Usually, Amelia would be gone before he could even wake up. But sometimes, she will wake him up and they'll make breakfast with Ray. The three were the ones whom woke up the earliest.

This time, Leo wanted to wake Amelia up. He got up from his bed and walked towards hers. He then began poking her cheek. Amelia knocked on his head to wake him up.

'Squishy-' Leo's thoughts were cut off by an awake Amelia.

"What are you doing?" Her voice startling Leo. He fell to the ground.

"Y-YOU WERE AWAKE??? F-FOR H-HOW LONG???" Leo yelled in surprised.

Amelia sat up, rubbing her eye. "Ever since you started creeping up to me." She mumbled.

Leo was still confused. "I'm a light sleeper." He's now not confused.

"Oh.. Uhm.."

"Let's make breakfast already." Amelia said, breaking the tension as she stood up from her bed.

"Hai!"

----------

Amelia, Emma, Leo and Norman.

The four have been running as fast as they are going to reach the wall. Amelia slowed down her pace to match theirs.

They have already made the plan, and everything. If anything goes wrong, everything falls. And they'll have to restart from scratch again.

As they got close to the fence, Leo looked at his provided 'watch'. There was someone behind them, getting closer and closer.

Leo sent Emma the signal and she nodded. She threw the bag of ropes to somewhere within the bushes.

The four stopped in their tracks to face Mama.

"Hello Mama!" Emma greeted.

"Isabella," Leo simply greeted.

Mama giggled. "I suppose this is the first time we speak to each other without any acting involved." Mama started greeted each of them.

She went on and on about resistance like that, but Amelia being Amelia, was lazy to hear all about it. But the last words that came from Mama, made her felt confused.

"Let's all live happily together back at the house! Until the deadline.. Until the end... I want you all to the happiest you can be!"

Amelia knew Mama's 'touching words' were to make their heart softened. So, she acted like she didn't heard anything. She kept looked right to left and right again, trying to form up a plan.

Emma -Distract Mama
Norman -Grab the sack
Amelia -Help Norman
Leo -Help Emma

There are many outcomes. Many multiple and horrible possibilities that could go wrong. But Amelia was sure she will help to overcome fate and destiny.

She looked at the other three. What felt like telepathy, they all nodded in unison and charged. Emma went straight front to Mama while Amelia and Norman ran the opposite way.

As Leo came near Mama, she clicked something in her pocket.

But, little did she know, there was another outcome she didn't expect.

Leo disobeying her orders.

*CRACK!* *add a swish wind motion lmao*

Amelia and Norman froze in horror. Emma's right leg was snapped, Amelia felt a sharp stinging pain on her left palm.