Pt. 44] Secrets Unfold

3rd Person POV

"W-What...?" James uttered out in disbelief. Peter, sitting on the couch next to Amelia, was distracted by playing a toy train. Peter being the curious child he was, stood up as he stared at his brother's back. "That's impossible... No, no, no, no..."

There were murmurs on the other line but was cut when James hung up. He turned around to see Peter looking at him curiously while Amelia just minding her own business with her toy train. He lowered his head, not wanting to make any eye contact as he sped walk towards the living room.

Peter tilted his head in confusion, surprised that his brother didn't tell him what happened. "Hey, Amelia." He called out. "Let's go?" He asked, which Amelia mumbled in response.

The blonde-haired boy then jumped down from the couch and carefully placed her down. He slowly walked to where James was heading while also matching his speed with Amelia who was crawling.

"For today's news, Just this early morning, 135 passengers who are members of a huge fashion company found dead-"

As he got near the living room, he could hear the tv being turned on. He walked towards his brother only to him silently crying with his head down. His hands were curled up into a fist, gritting his teeth.

"Brother...?" He quietly called out, honestly confused and worried.

"It was quite sad. No one survived the crash! This must be the deadliest plane crash in the century."

"This couldn't be the same plane..." James narrowed his eyes at the tv, silently praying that it truly wasn't the exact plane where his friends were in.

Sadly, luck wasn't on his side.

"The plane that couldn't crash land safely, Plane Q81037."

That plane number stroke a nerve to James. His heart felt like it was stabbed, torn out of his chest as it was ripped into millions of pieces without mercy. His wide saucer eyes stared blankly at the television as it showed the still-smoking plane.

Peter looking at the screen, just knew what was happening. Although, he didn't meet them a lot. He felt sympathy for his elder brother. Looking at Amelia who was daydreaming on the floor, he walked towards his brother, rubbing circles behind his back.

----------

It's been a month after Reids' death. During the special funeral only for the couple James hosted and paid for, the host himself was nowhere to be seen with Amelia whilst Peter was stuck in the car. 

From James' command, he was forbidden to go to the funeral. Peter gazing outside from the window, looking at everyone there shedding tears for Amelia's parents. He almost felt sympathy for the ones who cried for the two. Though, he didn't felt a bit of sadness in him, just slight hate. Even though they were siblings, it wasn't like they met each year which made him unempathetic.

Meanwhile, James didn't even stay in the human world. He has arrived at Leuvis' so-called castle. Looking down at the infant who was wide awake in his arm with her hand out wanting to touch the door, he started to doubt himself.

'What am I doing... Am I doing the right thing? Oh, Derek don't kill me when I see you...' He thought, adjusting his baby carrier to the back. 

Looking over his shoulder, "Are you comfortable there, Amelia?" A little gurgle sound was what Amelia responded, making James subconsciously having a tug on his lips. 

"Alright, I'll put this cloak over you, make any sound if you feel uncomfortable," James said which Amelia nodded in return as if she understood what he was saying. He then placed the said cloak and placed the hood over his head, covering the upper part of his face.