Pt. 31] Experimented

Amelia's POV

"Heartbeat seems normal.." They said.

"Third day in the Lab, Subject Λ2304." They informed.

"Must be overwhelming." His voice rang on the speaker.

"Round 12, clear."

An electric shock was then sent coursing through my body, again. I immediately shut my eyes tightly, biting my lower lip in pain, blood coming out of it, my hands gripping onto the arm rest even tighter. The shock ended a few seconds later.

"Brain waves escalated a little but not as much as expected."

"How much is the hertz?"

"Just 45."

"We had high expectations in this lab rat. We're not gonna give up that easily."

I coughed. Finally speaking up, I asked. "What's your goal anyway..." My throat hurts like hell. I have been sitting in this chair for 26 hours. Without food or water. I coughed a little as pain striked my lungs; As if I had broken ribs.

The demons then looked at me. "Why should we tell you?" One of them spat.

The other chuckled. "Aw, what's the point of not telling her anyway?" It turned to me. "We're just trying adjust your brain waves."

I raised my eyebrow, weakly. "How the hell-" I coughed again. "are you gonna fucking do that.." I asked, glaring at them.

I could already sensed that they all smirked behind those ugly Halloween masks of theirs. I rolled my eyes, scoffing lightly.

"Round 13, clear."

Another electric shock. My body quickly jolted in pain as I shut my eyes and bit my lower lip to prevent myself from screaming out. As soon as the electric shock stopped, my body went limp.

"Heartbeat?"

"90 bpm."

"During shock?"

"150 beats per minute."

"Progress exists.. Good job, Subject Λ2304."

"She's not responding."

"Check her vitals."

"Quite weak.."

"Subject Λ2304, get up."

I tried to, but I couldn't. All I could is just twitch my pointer finger. I gave up. I closed my eyes as I fell to subconsciousness.

3rd Person POV

"Subject Λ2304." One of them called out.

Amelia didn't respond.

They all stayed silent for awhile, waiting to see if she did. A few seconds of waiting, their patience was gone. They already had a conclusion.

"Jade, Kaul, take her to the medical room. Make sure she's healthy and well. She needs to be here tomorrow as well."

The said two nodded and went out of the monitoring room to get Amelia out of the chair.

----------

"AMELIA!!" Leo called out, rushing towards the medical bed as he saw Amelia unconsciously laying on it.

For the past few days they have experimented on Amelia, this situation was far more worse. Looks like they overestimated her.

Dr.Leslie gulped, nervously turning towards Kaul. "M-May I ask wh-" He couldn't even finished his sentence as it responded first.

"Brain wave experiment."