Pt. 47] Skills

(a/n: i just realized its almost a month I haven't uploaded so here ya go :D sorry for making u guys wait so long btw)

3rd Person POV

After talking to Caleb that day, she realized that a person's life can be changed overnight just by being there for them. She needed that. They needed that and she needs them to feel the sense of freedom she once had as a kid.

Heightening her senses was the only way she could find them, using thermal vision would be nice but, she's worn out.

13 minutes 19 seconds

In a matter of minutes, her originally recovered strength was gone. Oh, how she regretted staying up to crave up a stupid mask, and to add on how she just 'wing it'.

13 minutes 17 seconds

She stopped in the middle of Lambda's hallways, taking a quick breather as she collapsed to the ground while breathing heavily. If she didn't regret staying up late before, this was the moment she would.

Finally sitting up and rest as her back against the wall with a groan, she placed her right katana back to its holster before using her right hand to clench her sides. She never experienced such exhaustion before.

Sure, she knew using some forbidden ass black magic would take up parts of her energy but who knew keeping it up for more than 12 hours takes up that much.

12 minutes 21 seconds

It's been 5 minutes since she had tried to find a living child, a human, anyone. There wasn't any. The light of hope was slowly fading away from her. All she could think of as an excuse is that they were already dead before she or anyone had the chance to save them.

12 minutes 5 seconds

Closing her eyes in pain, clenching her teeth to resist a scream coming out, she sat there, leaning on the wall. She fluttered her eyes open and stared at the floor.

Her gaze then settled on her ankle, it still had that annoying piece of metal hooked around her ankle. That metal was all rusted and the tightness of it started to make wounds. Of course, it was disinfected every day by Leslie with a strong iodine solution but, it wasn't enough to ignore the said pain's side effect as it would come back now and then.

She removed her gaze from the disgusting sight, still paying attention to her surroundings she immediately noticed heavy breathing. She turned around with her eyes wide open, ear to the wall. Immediately with a sign of hope, she grabbed onto her katanas and took a few steps beside the wall.

"Hey, kid!" She called out, hoping for a response. A short yelp could be heard from the opposite side of the wall. "Fu- Yes, you're still alive! Step away from the wall alright?!"

Quickly, Amelia stabbed the walls with her katanas, using every ounce of strength she has to try and cut open the thick walls into a square. Finishing the square, she pulled out her katanas and kicked the wall down.

She let out a breath and made eye contact with a paper bag? It caught her eye the most, especially the 'Z' located on where their left eye should be.

11 minute 20 seconds

They cowered away from Amelia, obviously scared of her, which made her take a step back.

"Hey, it's okay," She reassured while placing the katanas on the ground and maintaining some sort of eye contact.

The action made him loosened up a little. "I'm not here to hurt you," Amelia extended her hand. "I'm here to help you escape."

11 minute 8 seconds