Pt. 45] Play Hero

3rd Person POV

After all of the blabbering of their past, Leo snapped back to cruel reality where he is held at gunpoint with an Amelia who is not in control of her own acts.

Ratri grinned. "Oh well, that's all I gotta say." He removed his hand from Amelia's head and dusted his hand as if he just touched the dustiest thing in the world. She placed her fox mask back on, making Leo uneasily recognize her expressions. He placed his hands behind his back, walking towards the door.

"You wanted to be with her right... You wanna be the hero, Leo?" He looked over to the said boy. "Then, die like one. There will never be a future where you will survive without me, the same goes for you, having the chance to get out of this place." He stepped out of the office and locked the sliding metal doors.

That's when everything went silent. No one made a move, except the obnoxious heavy breathing from Leo. The previous alarm forsaking a bomb located somewhere inside the building and evacuation order. The screams they once heard when starting the said operation were gone. The only sounds heard from inside the thick doors and walls were the loud sirens and breathing.

The grey-haired boy gulped deeply, thinking this is where he will die. He unexpectedly chuckled, slowly turning into a laugh.

"Can't believe I'm gonna die here... the place I spent most of my life at..." He turned his head to face Amelia. His expression was something she never seen, almost making her breath hitched mentally. His golden eyes didn't hold the light that was always there; She was surprised to see it gone under a second.

"And the place where I was tortured most."

He forced a smile as he weakly grabs the head of the rifle -barrel- and placing it on his forehead. "Go on... Shoot. There's no more value in the act of living here to just wait for our death," He uttered out, staring at the ground.

His attention went back to Amelia when the rifle barrel was removed from his forehead and towards the wall. Obviously missing as the bullet went flying towards the metal door, only making a small dent.

The rifle she was holding was shaking; Her hands were trembling, probably from the lack of energy, or even, fear itself; Her blue midnight eyes were flooded by pools of tears, threatening to fall any second. His eyes widened in recognition, slightly sparkling with hope.

"You're still... You're still partly in control?!" He quickly asked in a panic.

Unsurprisingly, he didn't get a response other than a grunt. Amelia was fighting her best to not turn and shoot Leo as she repeatedly fired at the door. His eyes then slowly sparkled back in hope.

"Great idea by wasting bullets! That way you can't kill me easily!" He exclaimed while looking around trying to find something to try and make sure Amelia was still -kinda- in there, listening and perhaps if lucky, can see what's going on.

Looking around, he found himself staring into a mirror, getting an idea.

He quickly looked right into her eyes. "If you can hear me, blink twice." He stated.

At first, there was no movement, other than Amelia's shaky hands and the loud gunshots. Slowly, she blinked twice in a row and Leo smirked in slight victory, but frowned back a little knowing this is just a sign to not hurt her. Not that he intended to.

"Okay, you're still in there. That's good news, right?" He questioned.

Amelia turned to him with a glare and purposely missing a gunshot to his head by a couple of feet. The sudden gunshot of him being the target startled him.