Pt. 37] Get Ready

3rd Person POV

"WOAH WOA- What?!!" Leo asked Amelia while feeling panicked, distressed and shocked, looking at her with eyes full of mixed emotions that not even Leslie can identify them all. 

Amelia looked back at him with a stern look, "You heard what I said loud and clear!" He flinched at her tone.

It wasn't because she was scolding him or angry at him. It's actually the opposite of that. It was something Leo hasn't seen in Amelia for a while, confidence and hope.

There was hope in her eyes, there was true confidence in her eyes, there was faith in her voice. The only time he saw all those things in her was when she knew one of her siblings were in trouble.

He blushed furiously, obviously not fond of Amelia's sudden confidence, turned his head away in instinct.

"Y-Yeah, I did but.." His voice slowly disappearing as he relaxed his tensed shoulders. "what if we can't-"

"Leo." Amelia called out. "That's fear talking, isn't it?"

His eyes widened, same goes for Leslie who was just about to get some popcorn for the odd tension.

"Whaaaaaaaaatt," Leo blew raspberries and crossed his arms. "Untrue."

"Yeahhhhh- pfftt- Uh- WhAt may you be talking about, Dear Amelia?" Leslie tried to get into the act as he placed a quarter of his weight to Leo by leaning against him with a hand on his own hip.

Amelia sat awkwardly, questioning herself how did a serious question turned into two males doing weird and humiliating poses with each other. An answer passed to her head like a bullet train. She curled her hand up to a fist, gritting her teeth.

"I'm being serious here! Escape from this horrendous other hell hole that exists in this horrid world! You guys are important to me!" She exclaimed, getting off her chair as it toppled over.

The two jumped in response, surprised and caught off-guard by her sudden actions and words.

"So, why wouldn't you guys take me seriously?" They both blinked, looking at each other for answers.

Leslie cleared his throat, "It's not that we don't take you seriously. It's just that.. we're afraid of the consequences followed after our actions." He said, hoping she would understand their perspective.

Amelia was about to open her mouth to snap back at Leslie but it was replaced by a sigh.

"I can do this. I will get us out of this place. I will make sure that no one gets left behind!" She exclaimed with boldness.

Leslie and Leo regained their composure, seeing how Amelia really wanted to get out of Lambda. Since Amelia has her confidence, the only thing worrying Leo is

"Do you have a plan?"

----------

Today is the day before the plan will engage. Everyone would be lying if they weren't nervous.

Back at the hidden hideout, Eric was practically self-encouraging himself in front of a mirror with Yuugo giving him more encouraging words in his own way.

Back at Lambda, you have an anxious doctor (Leslie), an actor full of faces to put (Leo), responsibility weighing the leader of the pack down (Amelia), and lastly, a brain filled with anxiety and doubt (Norman).

"Hey," Amelia knocked n the glass, making Norman's attention turn to her. She gave him a comforting smile. "Everything will be fine. You can trust me."

Norman let out a shaky sigh but nevertheless, nodded determinedly. "Right!" He exclaimed.

----------