prologue

Marina Edmonds was an ordinary student, nothing special. Nobody really remembers her, except for the fact that she was good friends with the Quidditch captain Oliver Wood.

She didn't really mind. Without all the attention, she had the opportunity to be there for her friends when they needed her. It was her greatest strength and weakness, she always put others first.

Even though she might not be popular or well-known, she was happy with the people around her. There were her best friends Oliver Wood and Aurora Crooks. Both of them she had known since first year. Then there were Fred and George, even though they were a bit younger they were super close. She was probably the only one to laugh at their jokes, that's why they were a perfect match. There also was a 7th year Slytherin who was a good friend of her, Francisco Fiddlewood, but they didn't get to hang out as much due to house prejudices. Finally there was Harry. Yes, the Harry Potter. He was like her little brother.

Two years ago, they had first met when Harry had gotten lost in the castle. When she was walking him to his correct classroom, they started talking about everything except for Harry's past and scar and what not. He had immediately felt safe with the girl, for she saw him as just an ordinary boy, and not some celebrity which only reminded him that his parents were dead. Over the years, they had grown incredibly close and Marina truly cared for the boy, she always made sure he ate well and was safe. She would give her all to protect him.

So, that's Marina. A loving, intelligent girl who sings when she wakes up and stares at the clouds, in hopes of seeing a fairy fly by.

Little does she know that a certain werewolf will turn her life upside down.