ch7; deep pouls of the soul

During the carriage ride to the castle, everything quickly turned back to normal. Marina, Oliver and Aurora were joined by Francisco and another Slytherin girl, Catalina Borealis. He claimed this was 'the last one left' but Marina knew he just wanted to spend some time with her.

No matter what prejudices you have for Slytherin, you can't deny that some of the best people also come from there. Francisco and Catalina were the perfect example for that. Both very kind and big dreamers, who the entire school looked up to. Even though Marina didn't know the girl very well, she knew that she was Francisco's only real friend in their house, which made her happy.

Francisco has had some troubles in his house before, being called a blood-traitor or the f-slur a lot. In fifth year, he was caught in the broom closet with another boy, which spread around the school like a fire. Marina had found him crying in the astronomy tower, afraid that she'd find him as disgusting as the rest of the school did. Marina had assured him that she would never ever think of him that way, even if he murdered someone. Especially not for something as simple as who he loves.

Now, the two were inseparable. She often wished wished that her housemates didn't hold such a grudge against Slytherin, so that they could sit together at meals or during class.

When they arrived at school, Marina and Francisco didn't stop talking for one second. The others a bit annoyed, the whole ride basically was a conversation between the two while the others could only listen. As they were walking through the halls, the two were reciting an awful version of Othello, which they had seen during the summer. Laughing loudly, they opened the doors to the great halls, and that's when it happened...

She was met a pair of familiar eyes from across the room, the same hazel ones she had missed, oh so much these last days.

She felt herself staring, drowning in the pools of his soul. A warmth spreading through her.

Even from far away, they had managed to take her breath away, his beautiful eyes.....

Why were they filled with worry and shock though?

But that's when it hit her, he was sitting at the teacher's table. His new job, he never told her what it was. God, how could she be so stupid.

Forcing her out of her trance, Francisco turned her around. "Are you okay?"

She sighed, "........I've made a huge mistake...."

After they had all sit down, Marina was still in shock. She couldn't stop staring at Remus, and he could only do the same. After the sorting ceremony, Dumbledore had started with his speech, but she wasn't listening to any of it until she heard him introduce the new DADA teacher; Remus.

She had slept with her teacher, even caught feelings for him. It already hurt enough when they broke things off two days ago, but the idea of having to see him everyday and call him sir, it made her feel so alone.

Remus' mind was racing, he had slept with his student. How could he be so stupid and how did he not know she was still in school? But still, he couldn't look away from her mesmerizing eyes, there was a hint of happiness in them, which left his soul craving for her love. Her beautiful dark brown eyes, which reminded him of the night sky filled with stars. He used to hate the stars, as it reminded him of the moon. But now, each time he saw the night sky, he could only think of her eyes and how beautifully they shine when she smiles.

He was ripped out of his thoughts by Dumbledore introducing him to the school, so he quickly stood up and bowed kindly towards his new students. When he sat down, Dumbledore announced that Hagrid would be the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher and he saw her stand up while cheering loudly for Hagrid. He smiled to himself, he loved seeing her smile like that, she deserved to be happy, she deserved the entire world....

Later in the evening, the feast was in full swing. Everybody was talking happily with their friends, sharing their summer stories, Marina as well. Remus was talking to Flitwick, trying his hardest to ignore the beauty in front of him. But then Oliver said something that made Marina laugh loudly, throwing her head back. Seeing her neck exposed like that made him remember her body, her soft skin, her beautiful curves and the small butterfly tattoo on her stomach. He realized that he was completely and utterly infatuated with this girl. He suddenly felt his pants tighten, so he quickly looked to his plate, repeatedly reminding himself in his head that is was wrong.

The rest of the evening went by quickly, although Marina was fairly disappointed that Remus didn't look at her again all evening. He was probably embarrassed, understandably she thought. The things they did together are not really teacher/student appropriate.

When everybody was standing up to leave to their dorms, she quickly went to Francisco

"Meet me at 12 in the tower. I really need some advice"

He smiled, he was proud of her. Marina wasn't one to talk about her own problems, he has been trying to get her to open up for years. As much as she helps him with his problems, he never had a chance to take care of her. Now, he was finally able to pay her back for all her love and support.

"Of course"

She smiled softly and walked away to the common room. God, was she lucky with her friends...