ch26; the night of the shrieking shack pt1

"W-what?", Marina asked, stunned by Harry's question.

"You know what I mean, Marina. How long?"

Marina sighed sadly, knowing at one point it'd come to a point where everyone would find out. She'd just hoped that everyone would be accepting, but now she just felt like an idiot for having set her hopes up to high.

"Look, it-it's not what it-"

"How could you? Don't you understand the consequences this'll have for me? I finally found someone who took my side and helped me when I was in trouble, I-I finally found someone who actually knew my parents and could tell me real stories about them, but now, because of you, he'll be fired and sent away.", He said in one breath, while holding back tears and getting more and more worked up.

"And what happens when everybody else find out, huh? They'll be mad and look at you different, causing you to drift away,, and then I-I'll l-, he couldn't finish his sentence as he broke down crying. Marina quickly rushed over to him and held him tightly while stroking his hair.

After Harry had calmed down a bit, Marina pulled away to look him into his eyes with a sad smile and stroke his cheeks.

"I'll lose you too, just like I've lost my parents"

A tear rolled down Marina's cheek.

"Harry listen to me, I understand that you are mad at me now, but now this, I will never ever leave you, you're my family."

"Really?", he asked her softly.

"Yes, of course", she gave him a kiss on his forehead. "Now, let's get upstairs before everybody returns from dinner. Do you want to stay in my dorm a bit?"

Harry nodded his head as a small smile finally made it's return to his face.

-

The months passed quickly after that. Before the students could realize, it had become spring and nature all around had returned to it's natural vibrant color of green.

Marina and Harry had completely made up and everything was back to normal. Except that Harry, at times, at a bit of trouble looking at his professor normally.

Marina was currently sitting in Remus' office, sitting on his lap, reading her favorite poems to him. Tonight was the full moon, and although she couldn't be there during his transformation, she still wanted to comfort him.

In front of them lay the Marauders Map, after Remus he confiscated it from Harry last week. It was weird for Remus, to see the piece of parchment again that he and his friends created a long time ago.

Today was also the day of Buckbeak's execution, making it extra difficult to get out of bed that morning.

"Okay, I found another one", Marina said as she nestled her back further into Remus' chest. When she first came in, she had sat down in the chair in front of him, but he immediately ushered her to sit on his lap.

"Hmm, let's hear it", he said in response while stroking her hair.

"Wine comes in at the mouth
And love comes in at the eye;
That's all we shall know for truth
Before we grow old and die.
I lift the glass to my mouth,
I look at you, and I sigh."

A comfortable silence swept over them while they both processed the words.

Remus kissed the back of her head as he said,

"Come, it's best if you go."

She sat up a little straighter and turned around a bit,

"Why?"

Remus pointed to the window next to them and said, "Because the sun is setting, love"

Marina let out a sad sigh and stood up,
"That must mean that Buckbeak is gone by now"

As she was walking towards the doorway, she suddenly heard a chair screeching. She turned around and found Remus standing worried in front of the Marauders Map. He whispered,
"It can't be.."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Everything, I- I need to go"

He walked to where Marina was standing in the doorway and gave her a kiss,

"I'll be right back, stay here"

And with that, he left before Marina could even say anything back.

Confused out of her mind, Marina walked over to the map and quickly saw what alarmed Remus. In the corner of the map, where the Shrieking Shack was depicted, stood not only the names of Harry, Ron and Hermione, but also the names of both Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew. The man that was supposedly killed by Black.

She immediately stood up and ran out of the office, her mind racing with worry for Harry, Ron and Hermione. Sadly, missing the bottle containing the Wolfsbane potion which werewolf forgot to take today.

-

Marina was running outside, on her way to the Shrieking Shack. She had no plan whatsoever about what she'd do once she arrived, but that was the least of her troubles now. All she wanted to know was the safety of the people most important to her. She was so busy worrying that it hadn't even crossed her mind that she was going to meet Remus' ex, aka Sirius Black.

As she made her way outside, she noticed Snape casting a spell in front of the Whomping Willow, causing it to stand still and allowing him to enter through the hole. Looking down at the map, she noticed that that happened to be the entrance of the Shrieking Shack, causing her to let out a sigh.

Of course, Snape just can't mind his business for once.

After Snape had completely disappeared in the tree, she sneaked up to it as well and quietly entered the hole.

Quietly going through the long tunnel at an adequate distance of Snape, she tried coming up with a plan. She'd sneak in unsuspected and get the kids out of there. Remus could sort out the rest.

The voices at the end of the tunnel became louder and louder. Marina waited for a second, trying to make out what they were saying, when she suddenly heard a loud crash.

She ran as quickly as she could into the house and up the stairs, where the crash seemed to have come from.

She opened the door and all heads turned to her. before her stood Remus and Sirius, with Harry next to them with his wand raised at Black.

Suddenly, Harry pointed his wand towards her and said through gritted teeth,

"I should've known you were in on it too"