ch19; christmas eve

"Come on, Marina! We're going to be late", Marina's mom yelled from the hallway.

It was currently Christmas Eve and Marina had come back home a few days ago. It had been really fun being back home, waking up to the smell of fresh baked baguettes and spending hours in her father's study. Of course, she had also gotten reprimanded for not writing enough and for 'putting herself in danger', which Marina didn't really understand. It's not like she was purposely looking for Sirius Black. But maybe her mother was just still uptight after what happened with her brother.

Anyways, right now they were supposed to leave to go to the Weasleys, were they were invited for a Christmas dinner. Apparently, Molly had also invites a few other guests, but Marina didn't really know who. Not that it changed anything, she was still just as excited to spent her Christmas at the Burrow.

"Just give me a minute", Marina yelled back as she was running through the hallway, towards the bathroom to find her perfume.

She heard her mother complain something to her father, probably about how long Marina was taking. But she was too busy running around, trying to get ready. After her little talk with Harry last week, she decided to officially move on and start taking better care of herself. The only downside is that Marina underestimated how long it can take to properly take care of yourself.

With a final spray of the rose perfume and the last touch up of her hair, she was finally finished.

When she walked down the stairs, she found her parents waiting in front of the doorway with big smiles on their faces, as they watched her walk down the stairs. Proud of how their little girl was all grown up. Her father even had a single tear rolling down his cheek, but quickly wiped it away and pretended to be casual.

"You look absolutely wonderful, amor", her mother said when she had reached the bottom and gave Marina a kiss on her forehead. Gently though, as not to ruin her daughter's fancy hairdo.

"Thanks mum, shall we go now?"

Her mother rolled her eyes and chuckled,
"Like I am the slow one"

When the family of three arrived at the Burrow, they could smell Molly's cooking from outside.

They knocked on the door which was opened by none other than Charlie Weasley. His face beamed upon the sight of Marina and quickly pulled her into a hug.

"Charlie, I can't breathe", she said with great difficulty, because of the smothering hug. It was a gift all Weasleys possessed, probably passed on by Molly.

"Sorry, Mar", he said sheepishly. He then opened the door more and said,

"Come in, Mr and Mrs Edmonds. Can I take your coats?"

"Why thank you, son", Michael Edmonds said while helping his wife take of her coat.

"Come on, honey. Let's go say hi to Molly", Anella Edmonds said, not before giving her husband a quick peck on the lips. Together they walked out of the hallway and into the living room, where everybody had gathered.

Marina turned to Charlie again and was about to say something, before she heard Molly's voice say,

"Michael, Anella, you finally made it! I'd like for you to meet Remus Lupin, the kids' new Defense teacher."