ch1; the first encounter

In the first week of summer, Marina had turned 17. She had already taken full advantage of the fact that she was off age and passed her apparition test. She and Francisco have been going from bar to bar exploring to underground world of London. It made her feel alive, meeting so many new people. She loved listening to their stories about the unique pleasures and tragedies they had come across in life.

They also went to a few muggle concerts and theatre shows. Their favorite was the Rocky Horror Picture Show, where Francisco got a lapdance from Frank n Furter. He didn't complain though, in fact he went home with the actor afterwards.

Marina has never felt so free. She could go to Paris and meet an artist who sees her has his muse or visit Amsterdam and smoke a shit ton of pot. Everything was possible.

It was only two weeks till school started and Marina decided she would go and have lunch in a pub. She didn't like the idea of going back to school where she would have to give up her freedom.

"Mamma, I'm going to have lunch in the pub!"

She screamed through the hallway. She and her parents lived in a rather big house, her parents coming from a long line of powerful wizards. As intimidating as that sounds, her parents were kind and accepting people. Her mother was a Ravenclaw and her Father a Gryffindor. Marina also had a brother, but he passed away three years ago. He was a successful Auror and died in battle with a dark wizard. The family has been trying their best to move on but can't deny that it took a real toll on the family. Especially Marina, when she heard the news she could psychically feel her heart rip apart. Luckily, Aurora and Oliver never failed to make her feel better.

But now, she wants to live, in honor off her brother. Together they had dreams off traveling the world and living life to the fullest and that is exactly what she is planning to do.

"Ok, querida. Be safe!"

With that, Marina grabbed her copy of Dangerous Liasions and apparated to a random pub. She sat at the bar and opened her book, waiting for the bartender to finish his conversation with a customer.

Suddenly a man sat beside her, with brown hair and hazel eyes. He had these shabby robes and scars running across his face. She couldn't help but stare, he looked beautiful. The kindness in his eyes, the a little too big sweater under his robes, his stray lock that kept going in front of his eyes. He couldn't be in older than 35, but he was already greying a bit. Her mind was racing with thoughts about him when he suddenly made eye contact.

Flustered, Marina looked back at her book as a blush crept up on her cheeks. She heard the man chuckle and felt that he studying her just like she had done with him.

The bartender came and asked "What can I get you folks?" Marina looked at the man beside her, to let him order first when the man said "You can go first".

Mentally cursing herself for blushing again, she ordered a burger and a pint.

"That sounds very good, i'll have the same."

She looked at the man beside her, to find him already looking at her with a smile.

"What are you reading?"
"Dangerous Liasons by Laclos"
"Ah yes, 'Truth to tell, the longer I live, the more I'm tempted to think that the only moderately worthwhile people in the world are you and I.'"
Marina chuckled as she teasingly said "Wow, i'm impressed. So, does Mr. literature have a name?"
"Well, of course." He took her hand and gave it a kiss while continuing "The name is Remus."
"Well Remus, it is very nice too meet you.
My name is Marina."

The two talked for a hours, even though they had already finished their foods. They talked about everything and nothing from their dreams to their favorite flowers. It was starting to get dark outside, but neither wanted to leave. Suddenly a song came on and they made eye contact. The song was Can't help falling in love by Elvis Presley and the two got lost in each other's eyes.

Wise men say,
only fools rush in.
But I can't help
falling in love with you

The more she looked into his eyes, the more she felt home. His hazel irises ignited a warm feeling and she didn't ever want to look away.

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help
falling in love with you

As he looked into her eyes, for the first time in years, he didn't feel alone anymore. It felt like she understood him without having to say anything. He felt home.

Like a river flows,
surely to the sea.
Darling, so it goes
some things are meant to be

Without noticing, they were both leaning forward. When their lips finally touched, it felt as electric sparks were ignited in both their bodies. Slowly, he cupped her face as he deepened the kiss, while she gripped his hair softly.

Take my hand,
take my whole life too.
For I can't help
falling in love with you

Suddenly, he picked her up, as he stood up. He grabbed some money from his pocket and slammed it on the counter without breaking the kiss. He only broke it to ask her

"Want to get out of here, love?"
Slightly out of breath, Marina answered "Yes, please"

Remus smirked slightly as he quickly grapped her book and apparated them to his house.....