ch10; the party

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly, it was now Friday and the Hufflepuffs were throwing an new school year/end of the week party. Say what you want about Hufflepuff, but it's a fact that they throw the best parties.

Right now, Marina was having lunch in the Great Hall with Fred and George. She was trying to read a book, when she felt someone's eyes on her. When she looked to her right, she saw Remus was the one staring, but when their eyes met he quickly looked down, all flustered.

After the kiss they had shared, nothing else had happened. The only thing that changed was that their awkward behavior had disappeared, it had been replaced by longing stares, which they both believed the other wouldn't notice.

Marina was snapped out of her thoughts by a bread roll hitting her face,

"Are you even listening?"

Rolling her eyes at Fred's behavior, she said

"No, how many times do I have to tell you that when I'm holding a book, it means I'm not listening."

George chimed in,
"Yeah yeah, we understand. We won't do it again. Anyways, did you hear about what we did in Snape's class this morning?"

She gave up, knowing she wasn't going read sitting next to these boys. So, she closed her book and gave her full attention to the twins, not before giving Remus one last glance, only to find him staring at her again.

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

It was now 10 pm and the Gryffindor common room was filled with students, ready to sneak to the Hufflepuff common room. Apparently, Fred and George had taken responsibility to distract Filch at the other side of the castle so that everybody could easily sneak to the party.

When they arrived, the entire common room was buzzing. The smell of sweat and booze filled Marina's nostrils as the loud music that was playing caused her to feel excitement. When she looked around the room she saw 5th to 7th years from all the houses, mostly Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs. Of course, there were also Ravenclaws and Slytherins, but they tended to prefer their own parties.

Marina squealed as she saw Francisco, dancing in the middle of the room with a bottle of Fire Whiskey in his hand. His face immediately lit up when he saw his best friend approach,

"Marss, you cameee!!"

He buried her in a big hug and Marina immediately noticed that he was already a bit tipsy. She giggled, knowing this night would end up wild for him. Last year, he got so drunk he slept with three girls at the same time.

"Of course I came, I couldn't miss this"

She screamed over the music. He then grabbed her hand and dragged her to the dance floor. When she started dancing, she found herself getting completely lost in the music. All the thoughts that have been plaguing her all week long we're gone, of course Francisco's Fire Whiskey also helped. She didn't even realize she ended up dancing with a Hufflepuff boy named Anthony Rickett.

After a while, she got thirsty so she went to get something less strong to drink. While pouring herself a beer, she noticed a presence beside her. She looked to her side to see the boy she was dancing with just now. He smiled kindly at her, so she smiled back and said

"Hey Anthony, got thirsty as well?"

"Something like that.." He said teasingly

Marina giggles and pushed his shoulder softly while sarcastically saying "Smooth"

The alcohol and loud music were starting to cloud her mind, and she didn't even realize that her hand grazed a little too long on his shoulder. He bit his lip as he looked down at her, clearly not completely sober as well.

But before anything could happen, Francisco had jumped on the table, now fully drunk, and loudly asked who wanted to join the game of Truth or Dare.

Marina jumped in her place out of excitement, stumbling a bit. Anthony quickly help her stabilize as he asked,

"I guess you want to join the game, huh?"

"Yes duhh. Come on, let's go"

She grabbed his hand and started walking towards the circle of people, who were getting ready to start the game. They sat in between Miles Bletchley and Cedric Diggory, who were both listening to Francisco's vague explanation.

"Ok, so who wants to begin?"

"Me, me!" Aurora got excited.

"Miss Crooks, I like your excitement. So, who do you choose to ask the all mighty question; Truth or Dare"

Aurora pretended to think for two seconds before happily pointing at Oliver, "Oli, Truth or Dare."

Oliver rolled his eyes while laughing, muttering something along the lines of 'of course she picks me'. He thought for a second before answering with Truth.

"Okay great! So Oli, do you have a crush?"

A few people in the group started wolf-whistling.

"Yes", he said bluntly.

Aurora widened her eyes, not expecting this answer, but before she could say anything Oliver passed his turn on to Cedric.

A half an hour passed and now it was Marina's turn,

"I pick Dare"

"Okay, I dare you to give somebody in this circle a hickey."

She shrugged and turned to Anthony who was still sitting on her right,

"You don't mind, do you?"

His cheeks flushed red as he stuttered a soft no. After his answer, she attacked his neck, finally releasing all this sexual tension that has been building up all week. She then moved on to his lips, which caused him to hungrily kiss her back while pulling her on his lap. She could faintly hear the game continue behind her, but she was to focused on the boy in front of her.

He then stood up and led her to his dorm, where they continued to make out. Of course, his kisses were stiff and empty compared to Remus', but right now she needed an outlet to all her bottled up needs. She couldn't help but imagine that it was Remus kissing her, stroking her cheeks while planting kisses all over her body. But she was let down when she opened her eyes and saw the boy, who was nothing compared to Remus' maturity and passion.

After 15 minutes, they both decided to go back to the party, when she found her two best friends making out in the hallway. Even though they were drunk and were probably going to pretend like nothing happened tomorrow, she was still happy to see Oliver and Aurora together.

The party finally ended around 5 in the morning, when people started passing out. So, Marina decided it was time to leave as well. Stumbling out of the portrait hole, she suddenly remembered that the Hufflepuff common room was next to the kitchen. Being completely drunk and stoned, she was craving milkshakes so she decided to enter the kitchen. She quickly prepared a milkshake and was now on her way to the Gryffindor common room, when she realized she wasn't tired. So, she changed routes and was now on her way to the Black Lake, wanting to see the sunrise.

Upon arrival, she sat down underneath an oak tree, taking in the beautiful view that was the lake. A feeling of saudade fell upon her, it was an indescribable longing.
She wanted to be in his arms again, feel his breath against her face as she curled up in his strong arms.

She sighed, not liking the fact that she was sobering up. All the feelings she had tried to push away all night were coming to her now. And all she could do was stare into the sunrise, dreaming about a day were she would be doing this with him by her side.