ch9; the lesson

It had been a long day for Marina, she couldn't focus on any of her lessons because the one thing clouding her mind was Remus. But now, she was on her way to his classroom, his lesson was to start in 5 minutes. She had sweaty palms and was shaking slightly, she has never been this nervous before. 

When she arrived at the door, she saw Aurora waiting for her.

"There you are, I've been waiting for you. Oliver is already inside with those bloody Quidditch gits"

Normally, Marina would've laughed at her friend random hate towards the sport, but she was too lost in thought to even comment on it. So, she pushed open the door and sat down at a table, where Aurora joined her. Remus wasn't here yet which only caused her nerves to become worse.

The classroom door opened, but Marina continued staring in front of her, thinking it was another student. Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by an all too familiar voice

"Hello 7th years, I am your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, professor Lupin."

She looked up
"This year we'll prep-"

They had made eye contact. It was completely silent for a few seconds until Remus shook his head slightly, pushing away all thoughts off the girl in front off him.

"Uhum, as I was saying, we'll prepare for your finals which you have at the end of this year. As I understood, last year's teacher didn't really follow the regular schedule, so can anybody inform me what you all learned last year."

Remus was looking anywhere but at the girl who had laid naked in his bed not even a week ago. As the class started telling him about the materials they have and have not gone over, he was having a hard time paying attention as his mind kept thinking about Marina. She had looked so beautiful today, all he wanted was to just grab her and kiss her deeply in front of the whole class. Forcing himself so focus, he made a list of all the information his students gave him.

"Okay, I'm going to go over this list this afternoon and add it to my curriculum, so I can teach you all the information you'll need for the finals. For now, I thought we'd go over the Patronus charm again, seeing as it might be handy with the dementors outside."

The class all nodded, very satisfied with the new teacher.

"Okay great! Now, who here can already produce a corporeal patronus?"

A few hands went up, including Marina's.

"Not a lot, but that's no problem. It is one of the hardest spells to do, so there is no shame at not being able to do it at such a young age."

A Ravenclaw raised her hand, "Professor, can you explain the spell step by step. I mean, I know the incantation but just has never worked."

"Of course, how about we clear the floor first. Everybody stand up, please"

With a flick of his wrist the tables all flew to the side of the room.

"So, to produce a Patronus charm, you need two things. First is the correct incantation, so repeat after me; Expecto Patronum."

The whole class repeated him.

"Great, then the second thing you need is a happy memory, the happier the better. You see, a dementor feeds of our happiness and a Patronus is a shield filled with positive energy, which the dementor will feed on instead of you. I'll give you a few minutes to think of your happiest memory, if you need, you can discuss it with your friends. In the meantime, I would like to have a volunteer to help give me an example of a proper Patronus. Who had raised their hand earlier again?"