ch12; sneaking around

It was those rare times where tragedy seemed a fairytale and pain non-existent. The smile that seemed plastered on Marina's face, brightened up the entire school. Her happiness felt like a blessing upon all students. Seeing her smile, made you feel warm inside, it made you feel alive.

That was all Remus could think about as he laid in bed Friday night. Yesterday he had confessed to her and today it was one of the best days of his life. She had come to his office after classes, where the two spent hours talking, discussing all the things that had happened in the few weeks that they hadn't talked.

Tomorrow, it was Saturday and Remus was planning on just reading and drinking tea, preferably with Marina in his arms. So, he quickly grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill, and wrote a message asking Marina to come over to his sleeping quarters tomorrow.

Marina laid awake, to happy to sleep. She had felt the exact same excitement from when she first met Remus. She suddenly heard tapping against her window, just like the night before. She quickly opened it, secretly hoping for another poem, but what she read made her even happier. An idea popped in her head, he asked her to come over tomorrow morning, but what if she came by now.

She jumped up from her bed, before freezing, afraid to have awoken one of her dorm mates. Luckily, they were all sound asleep, so Marina continued walking towards the closet and putting on an oversized sweater and fluffy socks.

She quietly sneaked out of her dorm and walked quickly across the dark common room and through the portal hole. The hallways were colder than she expected and she clutched her sweater close to her body.

Silently, she was walking trough the school, when she heard footsteps coming her way. She lunged herself into the closest broom closet and tried to contain her breathing as she heard Filch walk by, muttering something to himself. Remus better make it worth it, was all she thought.

After a few minutes, she carefully got out of the closet and continued her walk towards the teacher's quarters. While walking, her mind started wandering and she came to ask herself what she was doing. Here she was, infatuated with a man two times her age who also happens to be her teacher. She had only met him less than two months ago, yet she couldn't help but cherish every one of his actions. He had become her drug. She felt absolutely foolish for acting like a hopeless romantic, like she was exaggerating her feelings, but the love that they shared was to almost too strong for simple mortals as it felt divine.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she had reached her destination, mentally thanking the universe for having name tags in front of the teachers' living spaces. She quickly found Remus' door and knocked on it softly.

Remus was sitting against the headboard as he was reading a book, a bar of chocolate laying next to him. Suddenly, he heard a soft knock at the door, which confused him. It was already very late and everybody would be in bed, so he started fearing the worst.

But when he opened the door, all his worries faded as he saw her beautiful face. She had a anxious but sweet smile on her face, which warmed his heart.

"M-marina, what are you doing here?"

She looked down to the floor and started fiddling with her hands,

"Well, when y-you asked me to come by tomorrow, I thought it would be nice if I already came tonight, so that we can uhh wake up together. I-I've been having trouble sleeping a-alone"

His face broke out in a big smile, indescribably happy with the simple words she had just said. It may seem like a small and meaningless request, but to him it meant the world. The girl of his dreams couldn't sleep without him, just like he hadn't been able to for the last month. He opened the door wider,

"Come in"

Marina instantly snapped her head up, smiling grandly. She walked into his living space, looking around. It was not a big room, but it was definitely bigger than her dorm. There was a queen sized bed placed under the window on the right side of the room. Above the bed, there were shelves which were littered with all sorts of books. On the left there was a small counter, a table with two chairs and a door which probably led to the bathroom.

Remus closed the door after she stepped in and turned to look at her, she was admiring his book collection.

"Wow, you have a lot of Foucault and Sartre"

She turned around where she met his gaze.

"Yeah, I've always been fascinated by muggle philosophers. I find their view on the world a lot easier and more inspiring, it's sad that there are not many great thinkers like that in the wizard world."

"I agree, muggles are more open to the idea of accepting their flaws, even if they are unwilling to change it. For example, inequality; they admit that the world is unjust for minorities and everybody deserves equal rights, while wizards still clam on to the ancient ideas, truly believing that some are worth more than others."

Remus smiled, he had never met someone with the same interest in philosophy as him. It became silent, mostly because he was too lost in thought, dreaming about her. His eyes fell to her lips, while she was staring at his.

Slowly, he walked over to her and cupped her face.

"You are so beautiful"

And with that, he kissed her passionately, to which she responded happily.