Chapter 61

On the surface, Heaven Dou City looked prosperous and full of life. No one could see through this curtain of false peace.

A tall building stood at the end of one of the most crowded streets of the city. This three-story structure was built out of the most expensive white granite. Two words carved out of gold ' Spirit Hall ' written on the wooden plaque hung on the gate.

It is the highest branch of Spirit Hall, present in the empire, with one of the four platinum bishops always stationed in the branch.

The Spirit Hall is one of the biggest behemoths on the Douluo continent. Although it does not control much of the land and its high-end power is concentrated in a single city.

Supreme Pontiff holds the supreme authority, and the four Platinum Bishops are its direct subordinate. Moreover, the minimum requirement to become a Bishop is spirit-saint.

The magnificent Spirit Hall branch itself explains the importance placed on each Bishop.

Salas, a rank 84 spirit douluo, is one of the four Bishop stationed in this branch. He is an old man with a slender build and small eyes. Salas has an arrogant yet cautious personality; he only cares about the results.

A black hooded figure walked through the crowded street and stopped in front of the gate. He took out a token from his storage tool and showed it to the guard standing outside.

After a few moments, he stood inside a room located at the top of the building, handed over the letter to Salas, and completed the task given by his lord Tang Xiao.

A wide grin appeared on his old face as Salas opened the letter and read its contents.

He pondered for a bit before taking out a piece of paper and wrote down his orders. Salas handed it over to his attendant and said, " Deliver it by the end of the day. "

" Yes, my lord. " A hoarse voice sounded in the room, and the note on Salas's table vanished. From the beginning till the end, no one was visible.

Salas stood up from his seat and looked outside through the window. He murmured to himself, ' Tang Xiao, that fool, but what does that have to do with me. '

#

On the other side, Flender as the dean of the academy was busy. Hence, on his behalf, Zhao Wuji went in person to invite the important figures living in the city.

Yu Xiaogang and Liu Erlong handled the task of maintaining the security of the academy. The four of them together decided to give the students a vacation for the next full month.

They didn't know when the enemy hidden in the dark would strike, and none of them wanted the students to be at risk.

Yu Xiaogang asked Flender to take care of his daughter Yu Yan for a week. He and Liu Erlong traveled to Sunset forest for special training.

They could have done the training in the forest owned by the academy, but after Flender knew the content of their training, he decisively drove them out.

Flender, who had not even tasted a single drop of sweetness, how could he allow them to destroy a part of the academy?

Xiaogang and Erlong smiled bitterly after they understood his reason. They could not refute him, who made him their boss? Moreover, the other party was reasonable.

Due to the evil attribute of his martial spirit, Xiaogang and Erlong did it almost every night. One night he noticed the illusionary dragon shadows present above them while they were at it.

He suddenly thought of a possibility, that may be the compatibility of their martial spirits had increased. It was to test the possibility of a spirit fusion that he asked her to train with him.

In the past, Yu Xiaogang, Erlong, and Flender became renowned as the Golden Iron Triangle because of their spirit fusion ability.

Flender and Erlong's martial spirit and spirit-power acted as a catalyst and fused with Xiaogang's Luo San Pao.

Now that Xiaogang's martial spirit has evolved and his own strength has reached rank 52, spirit-king. He wanted to try a new spirit fusion ability with Erlong.

[ Three weeks later. ]

Two weeks have passed since Xiaogang and Erlong returned from the Sunset Forest.

Ever since they returned, Flender repeatedly asked Xiaogang and Erlong if they had succeeded, yet the couple did not say anything.

Flender could only smile bitterly. He missed the days where he could bully Xiaogang. In the evening, the three of them sat in Flender's office. Xiaogang asked, " Boss fu, is everything ready for tomorrow? "

A light flashed in Flender's eyes, and, replied, " Xiaogang, don't worry; everything is going according to the plan. "

The three of them laughed and chatted for a while before returning to their houses.

They have already placed the bait in the place, and now they only have to wait for the fish to get hooked.

Everyone rested to maintain their peak strength for the big day. Xiaogang hoped that he could catch a big fish tomorrow, but he knew no one would be so stupid to attack openly.

The next day, everyone started doing their allotted work. Xiaogang walked towards Zhao Wuji and told him, " Wuji, after everyone arrives, close the gate and don't let anyone else enter the academy. "

He thought of something and continued, " If the other person is stronger than you, let him come. Pay attention to your safety. "

" Okay. " Zhao Wuji nodded and grinned. He already had some disputes with the Spirit Hall in the past, and now he is finally getting a chance to collect some interest; How could he not be happy?

After a few hours, just before the beginning of the event. A group of twelve black hooded people entered the academy and rushed directly towards the center.

Zhao Wuji, who was sitting in the registration office, curled his lips in disdain. Although he deliberately tried to hide his spirit-power, yet the other party did not even put him in their eyes and went straight for the main target.

According to the plan, he stepped out of the office, walked out of the academy, closed the gate, and stood at the front.

Zhao Wuji stopped hiding his spirit power, and the mighty pressure belonging to a spirit-saint flowed out from him.

The people staring in the dark were shocked. They never thought that the person who came to invite everyone was a spirit-saint. Moreover, he was not asked to fight the intruders; instead, stand outside the academy and guard it.

This was the naked show of power, a spirit-saint used as a guard. Thinking of this, the people hidden nearby rushed back to pass on the information.