Chapter 43

[A few Weeks Earlier. ]

Not everyone was happy with the way things had happened. Tang Hao, Ah Yin, and Tang Xiao stayed in the forest for the next few days waiting for Tang Xiao to regain his consciousness.

Tang Xiao had been unconscious ever since Yu Xiaogang had crippled his eye. Yu Xiaogang's attack was not as simple as it seemed; he left a trace of his spirit power in the Tang Xiao's eye, which not only caused him to bear unimaginable pain, it would also hinder his cultivation in the future.

Tang Hao and Ah Yin took turns to keep a watch out for spirit beasts in the forest. Although they were near the city, it did not make them lose their vigilance. In this time period, both of them tried to ease Tang Xiao's injury by circulating their spirit power in his body and fed him some herbs; yet, both of them failed to notice that a wisp of black spirit energy absorbed the herbs and their energy to strengthen itself.

The spirit energy Yu Xiaogang left within Tang Xiao's body acted as a parasite and slowly eroded his body. Although Yu Xiaogang did not kill him on the spot, it did not mean that he forgave Tang Xiao; instead, he thought of punishing the latter more cruelly. The trace of spirit energy would slowly swallow all of Tang Xiao's cultivation, step by step crippling him, and within the next ten years, he would become a waste.

" Cough! " Tang Xiao woke up the next day and violently coughed as he struggled to sit up.

" Brother, how are you feeling? " Tang Hao, who was currently on the watch, heard a cough and instantly appeared in front of him.

" I am fine. " Tang Xiao's face was pale, and he spoke with difficulty. He extended his hand and touched his left eye, making him realize everything that happened earlier was true. Both of them were smart and avoided any conversation about Ah Yin.

" Let me recover for a while, and after that, we can continue towards the city. " Tang Xiao closed his eye, sat cross-legged, and started circulating his spirit power.

Tang Hao's face showed complex expression as he looked at Tang Xiao in front of him. He could sense that something had changed about his brother but couldn't identify what it was.

" Cough! " Tang Xiao suddenly opened his eye and spat blood from his mouth, and his face became even paler. Tang Xiao's only eye was filled with terror because his cultivation had regressed by a rank.

Tang Ho, who was still immersed in his thoughts, snapped back to reality after hearing the cough; his face was full of worry as he placed his hand on Tang Xiao's back and poured his spirit energy into the latter's body to stabilize his condition. Beads of sweat dropped from Tang Hao's face as he continued to supply his spirit energy. Even after becoming a spirit douluo, it was not easy for him to stabilize a spirit sage's energy.

It took Tang Hao a while to completely stabilize the shaky foundation of his brother. Tang Xiao's face finally showed some color, and on the other side, Tang Hao sighed in relief. Without any further delay, Tang Hao sat quietly and started restoring his strength.

The Tang brothers thought that they had resolved the problem, but only if they knew that this was only the beginning. At this moment, Ah Yin, who was resting, stepped out of the tent. She walked straight towards Tang Hao and sat beside him.

Ah Yin's state of mind had been complicated ever since she encountered Yu Xiaogang. She glanced at Tang Xiao, sitting not far from them with a complex look in her eyes. Ah Yin could feel a slight change in his personality, and a woman's intuition is never wrong.

After a few minutes, both of them woke up from their meditative state and saw her.

" Ah Yin, how are you? Did you rest well? " Tang Hao was the first one to speak; his tone was gentle and full of concern.

" I am fine. " Ah Yin smiled, sensing the concern in Tang Hao's voice, and thought to herself, " At least Hao has not changed. "

" Ah Yin, you are still coming with us, right? " Tang Xiao did not bother asking how she was feeling; instead, he was more concerned if she is still willing to follow them.

" Yes. " Ah Yin indifferently nodded her head and replied and said into herself in her mind, " It seems I really need to visit Yu Xiaogang after reaching Heaven Dou City. " She still hoped that even if Tang Xiao does not treat her like before, but he won't be indifferent to her, yet after listening to his words, Ah Yin found that she was very naive.

Tang Hao, who was sitting beside her, did not say anything after hearing his brother's words, but a cold light flickered in his eyes and finally made up his mind.

Tang Xiao, on the other hand, had a different opinion after seeing his brother remaining silent. He thought that Tang Hao had returned to his senses after seeing Yu Xiaogang's strength and would take Ah Yin back to the clan for a different purpose.

" The day is still bright; we should resume the journey and reach the city today itself. " Tang Hao's deep voice woke both of them from their thoughts.

" You are right, brother. " Tang Xiao's face finally showed a smile because he thought Tang Hao was concerned about him.

" Okay, Hao. " Ah Yin did not have any objection and nodded.

Tang Xiao went to a nearby lake, washed and changed his clothes before the three of them resumed walking towards the city. Even though Tang Xiao was injured, their speed could not be underestimated, and they reached the outskirts of Heaven Dou City within an hour.

Tang Xiao stepped forward and showed Clear Sky sect's token to the guard standing at the entrance. The whole process was smooth, and they entered the city without any trouble. Unlike Yu Xiaogang, who did not have any footing in the city, they directly made a beeline towards the hotel owned by the sect.

With their fame and status, it was not difficult for the attendant of the hotel to recognize Tang Xiao and Tang Hao. Soon, they paid for two rooms, one for both of the brothers and the other one for Ah Yin.

" Brother, you rest for a while. I will go and get an auxiliary spirit master to get your injuries healed. " Tang Hao spoke after they walked into their room.

" Okay. " Tang Xiao nodded and walked forward to lie down on the bed. He never thought that Tang Hao would do anything to harm him.

" Knock! Knock! " Tang Hao did not leave immediately after leaving his room; instead, he walked towards Ah Yin's room and knocked on the door.

" What happened? " Ah Yin was surprised after seeing Tang Hao standing outside her room.

" Ah Yin, I have a bad feeling. We have to leave this place immediately. " Tang Hao directly spoke his mind, and due to the lack of time, he grabbed her hand and quickly left the hotel. With his spirit douluo cultivation and experience, not many people can find him if he wanted to hide.

Before leaving, Tang Hao left a note on the reception asking them to call the best auxiliary healing spirit master to treat Tang Xiao's injuries.

Tang Hao and Ah Yin covered themselves with a black cloak and walked toward the Blue Tyrant Academy.