Chapter 20

" Next Morning. "

Yu Xiaogang stopped meditating and opened his eyes as soon as the little girl woke up. After traveling for the last few days, Yu Yan became more knowledgeable under his guidance. They visited many cities and saw various colorful scenes making the little girl happy, and Yu Xiaogang smiled all the way after seeing his daughter's happiness.

After enjoying the peaceful environment of the forest for a few minutes, they resumed walking; Yu Xiaogang estimated that they would reach Silvers city after crossing the forest.

They saw a magnificent silver gate just after crossing the forest, and even without Yu Xiaogang telling her, Yu Yan knew that they had reached the city. Both of them walked with big strides towards the gate.

The guards stopped them for inspection as they were about to enter. After traveling for such a long time, both their cloaks looked shabby. Yu Xiaogang understood their situation and told Little Yan to remove the cloak as he did the same.

The guards carefully checked them for a moment before gesturing that both of them could enter the city. Yu Xiaogang paid two silver coins fee to the city's personnel standing at the gate.

Silvers city was a major city in the Silvers Kingdom, second only to the Heaven Dou City. It was also one of the economic foundations of the Heaven Dou Empire.

Silvers city's border location made it a huge exchange point; it housed many big traders. The three big clans: Clear Sky sect, Blue Lightning Dragon clan, Seven Tressure Glazed clan, and Spirit Hall also had their branches present in this city.

Yu Xiaogang and Yu Yan walked towards the commercial street to find a suitable hotel for staying for a while until they leave the city.

Yu Yan's eyes shined as she was mesmerized by the colorful sights in the city while they were walking. Finally, they stopped in front of a hotel opened by the Seven Treasure Glazed clan. He found it very suitable and walked in through the gate.

" I need a room for a day. "

Yu Xiaogang said to the staff member standing behind the desk after walking towards the reception.

" Sir, it would be ten gold coins for a night. " The attendant politely replied and waited for his response. Yu Xiaogang took out the money and handed it to him. After completing the rest of the formalities, he said, " Sir, your room is on the third floor, room number 8. "

Yu Xiaogang and Yu Yan walked the stairs up to the third floor, and soon they found their room. Yu Xiaogang sighed after entering the room and thought to himself, " Worthy of Seven Treasure Glazed Clan. " Yu Yan quickly walked into the bathroom and freshened up; they had been traveling for many days, and only Yu Xiaogang knows how many times she had complained about not being able to bathe. Yu Xiaogang breathed in relief after seeing this little ancestor running into the bathroom.

He laid down on the bed and closed his eyes to sleep. Although Yu Xiaogang is strong, he remained alert throughout the journey, and both his body and spirit were exhausted after being stretched for so long.

Yu Xiaogang did not rest for a bit and managed to pull it off with only being tired and required to sleep for some time to recover to his peak state. On the other hand, even a spirit-sage might not have managed to pull it off.

After bathing for a long time, Yu Yan stepped out of the bathroom; she finally relaxed after feeling stuffy for many days, and even though she is young, Yu Yan loved the cleanliness, and it became more intense after her martial spirit awakened.

Yu Yan was in a happy mood and hummed as she came out of the bathroom; she stopped making noise and hopped onto her own bed and sat cross-legged with her eyes closed and started meditating. She meditated for half an hour, after which she slept.

#

[ A few days ago ]

Being a Titled Douluo and an Elder of the Spirit Hall Gui Mei's time was very precious, yet he personally went with Di Chun to pick up his parents. This surprised the little boy because he understood that his teacher was one of the strongest people on the continent.

Although Di Chun was a genius; still, it was not enough to make him go in person to pick up the little boy's parents, yet he still decided to go personally. One was to increase Di Chun's affection for him and Spirit Hall and secondly to solve Yu Xiaogang and his daughter.

They left for the village the next day. Gui Mei wrapped Di Chun in his spirit power, and both of them flew. It only took them a few minutes to reach the village, and under the little boy's guidance, both of them appeared in front of his house.

Shortly after meeting his parents, Gui Mei walked out; he walked straight towards Yu Xiaogang's house's direction. Gui Mei had learned everything from his disciple's parents by saying, " I want to meet and express my gratitude to him for taking care of little Chun. "

The people did not seem to notice his presence as he walked right in the middle of the street. Gui Mei reached Yu Xiaogang's house within a few moments.

Gui Mei frowned because there was no one in the house; his irritation grew after confirming that Yu Xiaogang left recently. He sighed and muttered to himself, " It's a pity; Yu Xiaogang, you are lucky this time. "

He returned to Di Chun's house and saw that everyone was already standing outside beside a carriage. Gui Mei's face showed a smile after seeing them. Soon they left the village, and this time, it took a few hours for them to reach Nuoding city.

Unknown to the villagers, they luckily avoided a disaster that could have wiped off the entire village from the Douluo continent.

#

[ Back to present. ]

" Early Morning. "

Yu Xiaogang and Yu Yan both felt refreshed after resting for a whole day. They were given a complimentary breakfast after the attendant got confirmation about Yu Xiaogang's real status from their intelligence network.

Yu Xiaogang said, " Yan'er, eat quickly. We are leaving this city soon. " Yu Yan did not say anything, but her pace quickened. She did not ask him or retort back. Yu Yan's mind became sharper as she studied over the past few days.

Yu Xiaogang didn't felt hungry anymore, and he did not touch the food in front of him. Various thoughts had already occupied his mind. He knew that his information had already spread to the top three clans and Spirit Hall.

Yu Xiaogang was not afraid of anyone, but he was worried about his daughter. His face twitched as he thought of Bibi Dong and Liu Erlong. Both of them were stubborn and headstrong. They had already suffered a lot because of him for many years.

If they misunderstood and acted rashly after getting the news of his daughter, Yu Xiaogang felt more bitter the more he thought.

" Father! "

Yu Yan had already eaten while he spaced out. Yu Xiaogang's thoughts returned back to the present and, he said, " Let's go. "

They stepped out of the hotel and, after a few moments, walked out of the city. Yu Xiaogang immediately became alert as they approached the forest. Although it was a small forest, there have been many occasions when a ten-thousand-year spirit beast was found here.

He firmly gripped Little Yan's hand and walked at a slow but steady pace. Yu Yan was also surprised because she had never seen her father's current look.

" Thud! Bang! "

As they continued to walk, both of them heard a series of noise.

Yu Xiaogang and Little Yan slowly walked towards the source of the sound, and soon they saw a middle-aged man absorbing a black spirit ring, and two more people were sitting nearby.