C H A P T E R 1 3

S T A R I N G at Rizwan, Hoor felt ashamed

S T A R I N G at Rizwan, Hoor felt ashamed. Here was this man, standing tall and proud. He was the epitome of perfection. From his styled hair to the tied up laces on his shiny shoes. Nothing seemed out of place. Then there was her, a literal mess. In her heart, Hoor felt upset over the fact that she could not even talk to him.

"Hoor aap bhi tou kuch kahein," Rizwan smiled at her, trying to make her comfortable.
"Mein-- mein kia kahun? Meray pass tou kehnay ko kuch nahi hai," Hoor brushed the topic off.
She was not disinterested, she just had a feeling of inferiority.
"Are aap bhi tou eik insaan hain. Aap ki bhi koi masroofiyat aur shouq hon gai," Rizwan chuckled.

"Ji mein ghar keh kaamon sai farigh ho kar, mohallay walun keh kapray siti hun," she blushed, continuing "aap ki tarah koi baray sai daftar mein nahi karti," laughing at her own statement.
Rizwan was left mesmerised. Her laugh was like a breath of fresh air. It was light and free of any inhibition. He in his entire life had never seen someone live a carefree life.

"Acha tou yeh baatein keh aap ka school mein favourite subject konsa tha," Rizwan asked a harmless question.
"Woh mein kabhi school nahin gai". Hoor spoke curtly.
Rizwan ended the topic and moved on to ask about her favourite foods. Sensing her hesitance when he mentioned education. It also helped him understand why the girl did not understand him speaking in english.

After a few more minutes of mindless chatter, Ali called them. Shouting from across the roof.
"Chalay aajain khana lag gaya hai," he led Rizwan downstairs, with Hoor following the two.
Down the stairs, Jahan-ara's loud voice could be heard. She was laughing loudly as she guided their other guest to their wooden dinning table.

As soon as she set her eyesight on her daughter and future son in law, her eyes teared up.
"MashAllah dono bachay akathay kitnay achay lagta hain," she took their balai from afar.
Praying that this happiness be permanent in her daughter's life.
"Baat tou theek ki hai baaji aap nai," a misty eyed Rehman spoke.
His son had a smile on his face and ever since his wife had passed away, he had not been as happy as he was today.
"Ajao bacho jaldi sai. Khana thanda na ho jaye". Jahan-ara waved at them.

Seating Rizwan down, she placed a plate infront of him, spooning in some heavenly karahi that oozed with oil and spices, Jahan-ara threw some sliced ginger on top of it. Adding raita in a separate small bowl, she took out a warm, steaming naan gesturing to the plate.
"Chalo meray bachay. Aram sai khana. Pait bhar kar. Samjhay?" Jahan-ara patted his back.
"Ji aunty," Rizwan smiled.