| Chapter One | :: Reunions

No One's POV

The camp waited for everyone to come back from their run. It was Andrea, T-Dog, Glenn, and Merle.

Octavia got dressed for the day in

She then walked out of her tent and went to stand with her little brother, Carl, as they watched Shane, Lori, and Dale talk

Shane declines Lori's suggestion about putting up signs to warn other survivors about Atlanta being overrun.

"And who the hell would you suppose we send?" Dale asks.

"I'll go. Give me a vehicle." Lori says.

"Nobody goes anywhere alone. You know that." Shane says.

"I can go with you." Octavia says, to her mother.

"No. Absolutely not. Your father would never forgive me if anything happened to you and I could've prevented it." Shane says.

"Last time I checked, I'm not your responsibility and you damn sure don't tell me what I can or can't do." Octavia snaps.

Everyone goes silent. It was no secret that Octavia Grimes hated Shane Walsh. For Leaving her father behind.

And is now screwing her mother in the woods. Octavia has been hostile towards the two for a while. She's pissed that Lori always fought with her father, even the day he was shot.

She still cares for her mother. But she's angry and bitter at the moment.

Octavia was there in the hospital with Shane when it all went down. So was her boyfriend, Lincoln.

He knocked her out and gave made Shane carry her out of there. Lincoln had blocked her fathers door with a gurney before covering Shane. He got bit and used himself as a distraction so Shane could get away with Octavia.

She woke up and learned it all. Burst into tears before storming off. Been hostile and cold ever since to everyone but Carl, Sophia, Daryl, and Carol.

Lori then walks off.

"Yes, sir." Lori says as she walks off.

Carl and Octavia go to follow her.

"Hey hey hey. Go on, take a seat, with her sister, bud. You're alright. Go on. You're alright." Shane says before following Lori.

Octavia lifts a sad Carl into her arms and carries him to the RV.

////

"Mom?" Carl's voice calls out to the tent he shares with his mother.

Shane walks out to see Carl and Octavia walking up. Octavia scoffs softly so Carl doesn't hear but shows Shane her anger, which gave him the chills.

It was scary how much the woman in front of him surely made him wanna sleep with one eye open. She was just like her dad. Little worse at times. She was for sure built to survive this world.