| Chapter Nineteen | Work Hard

No One's POV

Octavia was startled awake by gunshots. She had been resting like everyone's been making her do. Lexa had gone back to Wonkru's camp a few days ago. Roan stayed to make sure Octavia rested and as another pair of skilled hands since Daryl left.

"What's going on?" Octavia asks.

"I don't know." Roan says.

Octavia gets to her feet and the two warriors grab their weapons and run out of the building to see absolute chaos. 

"Octavia! Roan!" Maggie calls.

Octavia & Roan turn and catch the guns Maggie tossed their way.

Roan aims and shoots one of the shooters in the neck. Octavia gets one of the guys that stood next to the governor in between the eyes. She then sees Carol hiding behind Axel's dead body from the bullets flying her way.

"Carol!" Octavia shouts.

Carol looks up. Octavia runs in the line of fire.

"Octavia!!" Roan shouts, with worry.

"Cover me!!" Octavia shouts.

Roan does exactly that, but running over and using his body to shield the women as he fired on the enemies. Octavia grabs Carol and gets her to Maggie. Roan gets Octavia to safety as well.

Octavia aims and sees the governor looking in her direction. Her face goes dark. A truck drove through the gates and let out walkers.

Roan comes to her side as she sees a shooter in the tower and aims. She shoots them between the eyes and watched his body drop.

She looks and sees Hershel was in the walker infested area.

"Oh my god." Roan says.

"Hershel!!" Octavia shouts.

She and Roan begin running and see Michonne following their lead. They run through and kill walkers as Glenn drives in the truck. Michonne, Roan, and Octavia get to Hershel as Glenn slams on the breaks.

Roan lifts Hershel into the truck then gets Octavia in the truck with Michonne while Glenn jumps in the driver seat.

Roan gets in the bed of the truck and shoots the walkers as Glenn gets them out of there. They get through the gate and Carl closes then locks it as they pile out of the truck.

"Hershel, are you okay?" Octavia asks, once they're all out.

"I'm ok." Hershel says before turning to the two Wonkru warriors and leaders.

"Thank you, both. All of ya." Hershel says.

Carl then rushed over and hugs Octavia. She hugs him back, sighing in relief before kissing his head.

"Where's dad?" Octavia asks.

Everyone looked to each other. Everyone then turns to look at the court yard that was now infested with walkers. Glenn had a hand on Maggie's shoulder while Carl hugged Octavia.

"Why'd you come back?" Rick asks as he and the Dixon brothers stared at the walkers in the prison yard.

"It was the right thing to do... I shouldn't have left her." Daryl says.

"I'm glad you're safe. But I still don't want you near Octavia. You broke her heart. You have no idea what that did to her. I can't and I don't trust you with her. I know you won't physically do anything but you leaving was equivalent to punching her in the throat. Carl has been sleeping with her every night cuz she keeps waking up from nightmares." Rick says.