| Chapter Seven | :: Relationships

No One's POV

After the incident with the barn and the almost brawl between Shane and Daryl, everyone kept themselves busy. Octavia was sharpening her knife when Shane walked up to her.

She jumped to her feet, facing him.

"Stay away from me." Octavia warns.

"I'm just confused on something, Octavia. Why do you continue to hang with Dixon? Huh? That redneck is gonna get you killed. You know that I can protect you." Shane says.

"That redneck has been protecting me since we met. He protects me from you. Saved me from you when you tried to rape me at the CDC... because my mom is back with my dad and doesn't want you anymore." Octavia says.

Shane looks at the ground, pissed off, before turning back to Octavia.

"Shane, you need to leave me alone. Or my dad will find out what you tried to do." Octavia says, turning away.

"No, I'm not done-" Shane says, grabbing her arm.

Octavia swiftly takes her knife and placed it against Shane's throat.

"Keep your disgusting hands off of me." Octavia says, lowly.

"You won't do it. You don't have what it takes to take a living life." Shane says.

"I was a sniper in the army, you idiot. I've taken many lives in the name of saving many more." Octavia asks.

Shane paused before speaking again.

"You know he don't even really care about you. You're a young, hot, piece of ass. So quick to turn to him. Watch you give your virginity to him and then he'll take off and try to bang Maggie. Maybe even Carol." Shane says, challenging and taunting Octavia.

"You're not that good at the mind game thing." Octavia says.

"You know I'm right. You don't know what you feel." Shane says.

"I know that I have deep feelings for Daryl." Octavia says.

Shane freezes.

"Is that what you wanted to hear? He may not feel the same as I do and thats okay. But it's none of your goddamn business. Now do me a favor and be a doll, and stay the fuck away from my family." Octavia says.

Shane let's go of her and angrily storms off. Octavia takes a deep breath of relief before putting her knife back in his holster on her thigh and turning to see a figure come out behind the tree.

She then realizes it's... Daryl.

Octavia suddenly felt sick.

"Shit." Octavia mutters, quickly leaving, looking for somewhere to hide.

"Ya alright?" Daryl asks, following closely behind her.

"Yeah, I'm good." Octavia says, not looking at him.

"Need to talk to you." Daryl says.

"Can it wait? I gotta find Carl." Octavia rushes.

Daryl finally caught up to her and gently grabs her arm, twisting her around, and gently pinning her against a tree.

"He's with yer parents in their tent. I heard everything.. and I need to know... is it true? What ya said." Daryl says.

"I don't know what you're talking abo-" Octavia begins but stops when a hand is on her throat and lips are on hers.

Octavia slides her hands from his chest to his neck then to his face while his go from her neck to her hips to her torso to the side of the tree. Blocking her from any kind of escape.