| Chapter Twenty-Two | Deals

No One's POV

Rick, Daryl, and Hershel made their way to the spot. Rick and Daryl went one way and Hershel stayed back at the car. Daryl went in front of Rick, both raising their weapons.

Daryl stops Rick and used his hand to communicate with Rick. As they make their way through the property, they come across a dead walker before Rick has Daryl take the other side of the building they came up to.

Rick makes his way in and readies his gun, for anything or anyone. He makes his way up some steps to a table and looks around before hearing footsteps. He then sees the governor approach him.

The Governor chuckles puts his raised hands down before turning to Rick.

"We have a lot to talk about." The Governor says.

"Yeah. We do." Rick says.

There was a small silence before he spoke again.

"You attacked us. Makes things pretty clear." Rick says.

"I was trying to make things clear. I could've killed you all. I didn't." The Governor says.

"And here we are." Rick says.

The governor went to grab something and Rick instantly raised his loaded gun.

"I'm gonna remove my weapon. Show that I mean to negotiate in good faith. I'd like you to do the same. May I?" The governor asks.

Daryl peaked through the window, checking on Rick.

When Rick doesn't answer, the governor takes off his belt that held his weapons and hangs it before raising his hands again.

"See? No trouble. Now you." The governor days.

Rick puts the gun down and in his holster but doesn't remove his belt.

"We'll... suit yourself." The governor says then sits down and motions Rick to sit as well.

With Daryl, he walks back to meet Hershel.

"He's already in there. Sat down with Rick." Daryl says.

"I don't see any cars." Hershel says.

"If don't feel right. Keep it running. You still got a walkie?" Daryl asks.

Hershel raises the walkie Octavia gave him before they left. Daryl nods. The Wonkru leaders refused to be at the meeting, fearing their very fresh emotions would interfere in the negotiation. But we're ready in case they needed backup.

They then hear a car approaching.

"Heads up." Daryl says, tapping the car before raising his crossbow.

The car comes to a stop and out comes Martinez, Milton, and Andrea.

"What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" Daryl asks.

"He's here?" Andrea asks.

"Yup." Daryl says.

Andrea scoffs before sliding the door open.

"What's going on?" Andrea asks.

"Nothing. Your friend isn't much for small talk." The governor says.

"You wanna talk, talk." Rick says.

"I wanted you to talk. Too many people have died for no reason. Let's end this. Save the bullets for the real threat. We can solve this. That's why I asked you to come here." Andrea says.

"I know what you've done. I heard about the raids, the heads, Maggie." Rick lists.

"Merle did that." The governor says.