| Chapter Ten | :: Revelations

No One's POV

After Dale's funeral, Hershel and Rick revealed that the group would be moved into the house with winter rolling around. Hershel said it should've happened a long time ago so he's making room for them inside.

Lori even made the call for Octavia to room with Daryl, shocking everyone.

Rick had a talk with Carl then went to Octavia.

"Hey sweetheart... can I talk to you 'bout somethin?" Rick asks.

Octavia turns to Daryl.

"I'll see you in a bit." Daryl says.

Octavia nods. Daryl places a gentle kiss on her forehead before nodding at Rick and walking away.

Rick led Octavia over a bit away from the house and by the trees. He wraps an arm around Octavia and gives her a hug. Octavia curls into her dads arms and burying her face in his chest.

They pull away and Rick looks his daughter in her eyes.

"Octavia... my little warrior... I need you to tell me the truth on what I'm about to ask you. Not to pressure you or to make you relive it... but in order for me to do what needs to be done... I need to know the truth." Rick says.

Octavia nods.

"Did... did Shane... ever try anything on or.. to you?" Rick asks.

Octavia's breath stopped then began to hitch. How the hell did he find out? Daryl wouldn't say anything without her consent. Was it just obvious?

"Please don't lie to me, Octavia. Not on this. If something happened, I need to know." Rick says.

Octavia took a deep breath as tears formed in her eyes before looking into her fathers.

"Yes." Octavia whispers, loud enough for Rick to hear.

Rick's body tenses. Rage surging through his body.

"Take your time... Tell me what happened. All of it. I won't say a thing." Rick says.

Octavia took a second to breathe and relax. She takes her fathers hand and he gives her a gentle squeeze.

"At the CDC. I was in the library, getting a book for mom... He came up behind me and kept telling me how beautiful I am and that.. I've grown up so much.. I told him I was leaving so I went to but he pushed me against the bookcase then he.. slammed me against the table and.. he kissed me so I slapped him... but he just... kept touching me.. and ... and then he ripped my shirt and.. went... under my shorts and tried to-... I tried to fight.. but I was drinking some of the wine at dinner and I was tired so... I wasn't at my best.. strength... I thought he was gonna be able to do it... but Daryl came out of nowhere and stopped him before he could go any farther. Got him off me and punched him a couple times before threatening him... Daryl's been by my side ever since. Whether it was right next to me or from a distance. He's there." Octavia says.

For a moment, Rick lets out a small smile while trying to contain the amount of rage in his body.

"I'm really glad you have Daryl in this world, Octavia. I know you're strong and skilled enough to take care of yourself... but I'm glad you have Daryl for the extra help... and to love. We need that these days." Rick says.

Octavia nods with a small smile.

"I'm gonna make damn sure Shane never hurts you or anyone else ever again. You will never have to be around him again. You won't ever have to be scared, if you are, cuz he won't be around much longer.. and he will never touch you again. I won't let it happen and I know Daryl will damn sure never let that happen. I'm so sorry, baby, I'm sorry I let that happen to you." Rick says.